why is thresh allowed

#1Emo Preppy KidPosted 5/15/2013 7:27:33 AM
hello, i would like to know why the character "thresh" is allowed to be in the game. thank you
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#2Phantom0708Posted 5/15/2013 7:29:11 AM
Because he was a champion created by Riot

If you deem he is overpowered, cry moar and learn to counter him
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#3J_walker6Posted 5/15/2013 7:31:09 AM
The coding that Riot has implemented into the game allows them to make more champions and add them to the champion roster. Because of this, through a timed release format, they can activate different champions in the select roster allowing them to be picked.

Riot did such a thing with Thresh and from that point people have been able to select him and play as him.
#4Darkyellow327Posted 5/15/2013 7:32:18 AM(edited)
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
hello, i would like to know why the character "thresh" is allowed to be in the game. thank you

Did you let him get souls for free? Did you poke the hell out of his squishy butt in the first 15 minutes of the game? If so, you have countered Thresh. If not, you have allowed him to become insanely strong. Lantern is probably the most OP utility skill in the entire game though, so I agree with that
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#5MegeasPosted 5/15/2013 7:38:15 AM
He has no sustain. He has to walk out into the field or use his defensive ability to collect souls. Minions block hi grab. His AA range isn't that high. I'll be the first to say he is a strong pick but he has weaknesses. Tanky supports like Taric and leona do well against him.

Really the biggest issues is that most people hate playing support so they have no concept of bush control. If you are able to harass the support back and force the taric to be a heal bot or the thresh to hide under tower its much harder for him to grab you with a lot of minions in the way. If you let thresh hide in the bush then you'll never know when he's going to wind up let alone what angle hes going at.
#6Emo Preppy Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 7:39:52 AM
J_walker6 posted...
The coding that Riot has implemented into the game allows them to make more champions and add them to the champion roster. Because of this, through a timed release format, they can activate different champions in the select roster allowing them to be picked.

Riot did such a thing with Thresh and from that point people have been able to select him and play as him.

likely story
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#7ThyCorndogPosted 5/15/2013 7:59:36 AM
Megeas posted...
He has no sustain. He has to walk out into the field or use his defensive ability to collect souls. Minions block hi grab. His AA range isn't that high. I'll be the first to say he is a strong pick but he has weaknesses. Tanky supports like Taric and leona do well against him.

Really the biggest issues is that most people hate playing support so they have no concept of bush control. If you are able to harass the support back and force the taric to be a heal bot or the thresh to hide under tower its much harder for him to grab you with a lot of minions in the way. If you let thresh hide in the bush then you'll never know when he's going to wind up let alone what angle hes going at.

Good post. People need to look more closely at matchups and adjust their playstyle. There's no such thing as playing like Draven. You play Draven + your support vs their adc + their support. If they're poke-heavy and you're good at going all-in, then you go all-in instead of hanging back and letting them poke you down.

I've had way too many ADC's dive into MF+ Leona for whatever reason, even though we're something like Cait + Sona

Play to your strengths and not into the opponent's strengths
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#8Blarg92Posted 5/15/2013 8:02:19 AM
Megeas posted...

Why do so many people say Leona does well against him? Can't he interrupt her zenith blade with his E?
---
Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be.~Office Space
#9KlobziPosted 5/15/2013 8:03:49 AM
Just ban him, like 80% of the games that are played in League lol
#10Darkyellow327Posted 5/15/2013 8:07:14 AM
Blarg92 posted...
Megeas posted...

Why do so many people say Leona does well against him? Can't he interrupt her zenith blade with his E?

His E does indeed stop dashes like Jarvan E+Q and Diana R.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle