why is thresh allowed

#11DogmanwalkingPosted 5/15/2013 9:54:17 AM
Sustain, eh? I start 5 reds, 3 greens and a pink and get in there and poke like mad. If my ADC isn't to busy failing to late hit minions because they can't CS properly, I don't have to leave lane until he's gotten kills and I can just back for a sightstone straight off. Always depends on the ADC though.
#12KinzuPosted 5/15/2013 11:17:41 PM
I run a full armor page on him except for magic resist glyphs. Start with a Bead, 2 Pots, 2 Wards, 1 Pink almost every game. You hit level 2 and go aggressive. If you land the hook + E you will most likely win the lane. You're ADC is either getting a kill or a huge advantage is lane pressure.

The best way to counter Thresh and Leona is for you jungler to realize the problem and gank pre-level 6 a lot to keep the pressure off the ADC and Support to play against it. Thresh and Leona both are not as much of a problem if kept under farmed and under leveled. They can still make plays though no matter what their level. You just can't let them win their lane. I'm 16-5 on Thresh so far with 3 of the 5 losses being throws. All 3 games my team starting out ahead, but you couldn't get anyone to group for objective.

Most games I never see their jungler come help, and all it takes is for me to land 1 early hook. It's not really that hard either. If you go aggressive and play up on the minion line within your AA range most other ADC and support will back away. This is the perfect to throw the hook..

A bad Thresh will throw hooks for no reason. A good Thresh will only throw it when the opportunity presents itself. I'll sometimes only throw it 2 or 3 times in lane if we're pushing into their tower. That hook is a lot like a Taric stun. It's more valuable to your lane presence when it's off cooldown. When it's off cooldown I can be aggressive and look for AA harass because what are you going to do fight me? I'll just hook you and let my ADC finish you off. If I throw the hook and miss though then my lane has to retreat and play passive for 20 seconds. If we get engaged on then I have nothing to fight with really.
#13Fenrir the WolfPosted 5/15/2013 11:22:12 PM
Kinzu posted...
A bad Thresh will throw hooks for no reason. A good Thresh will only throw it when the opportunity presents itself.

Before they changed his AA passive to E, you could throw out hooks like candy. But since you either max W or E in lane now, you have to actually be careful about the hook
---
And then John was a zombie.
#14HibyehiPosted 5/15/2013 11:36:13 PM
Just hide behind minions, he's easier to dodge than blitz, but if you get caught by him it's a guaranteed death... at least when I am adc lol. So just learn to dodge his Q, it's easier to dodge than blitz's.
---
why does everyone always underestimate mickey?
Who does this? He's like the Yoda of KH, when his ass shows up you better check yo self. - DrunkBeardGuy
#15Knight_Of_OrderPosted 5/15/2013 11:41:40 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
Kinzu posted...
A bad Thresh will throw hooks for no reason. A good Thresh will only throw it when the opportunity presents itself.

Before they changed his AA passive to E, you could throw out hooks like candy. But since you either max W or E in lane now, you have to actually be careful about the hook

Maxing W first was always the smarter thing to do.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#16Fenrir the WolfPosted 5/16/2013 5:13:59 AM
Depends if you wanna poke/be aggressive more, or if you needa shield more imo
---
And then John was a zombie.
#17PhoenixNinePosted 5/16/2013 5:46:44 AM
Lantern is really great but Lulu is still better.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#18RaverbasherPosted 5/16/2013 6:11:02 AM
Megeas posted...
His AA range isn't that high.

Wut? It's 475. That's pretty high. 25 off Kog and Sivir's AA.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never trolling, but in rising every time we troll - Confucius