What other aura item should I get for Sona?

#1EscaSyraPosted 5/16/2013 2:17:30 AM(edited)
I always build Bulwark because it's a must have, but after that I'm always unsure what to build next.

I usually go Philospher's > Merc Treads > Bulwark > Sightstone (although I grab Sightstone first in certain situations) and sometimes I mix in a Chalice somewhere.

I'm mainly debating between Will of the Ancients or Frozen Heart, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I never steal farm from whoever I'm laning with so a vast majority of my money comes from the tons of assists I wrack up and from checking on the dragon every chance I get and suggesting we take him down. I don't get a ton of money usually, but I almost always end with at least 9k.

If there's anything wrong with my build order or you have any suggestions at all I'd like to know.

Edit - I also snagged Iceborn Gauntlet a time or two and it seemed to work fairly well, is this a good item for Sona?
---
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.
PSN: CougheeCake
#2wantfastcarsPosted 5/16/2013 4:52:59 AM
My typical final Sona build is
Ruby Sightstone,
Bulwark,
CDR boots with Captain,
Athene's
Zeke's Herald if team is more AA based, WotA if more spell-based
Archangel Staff/Seraph's Embrace

I also don't get a philo stone, but that's because I use Gold quints when I support and I tend to get plenty of assists anyways. Seraph's + Athene's makes it so you never have to worry about Mana again and can roll on QWE during teamfights, and gives a nice chunk of AP and CDR. Bulwark is just core on all Supports imo. Zeke's/WotA is more dependent on whether your team is more AA or spells, since it's usually my last item and will be seeing the most use in teamfights.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#3SlaynPosted 5/16/2013 4:58:36 AM
Sona is great with CDR and chalice to sit there and spam QWE all day lonk.

CDR boots
Bulwark
Chalice-Mikaels
Zekes/Locket/Shurelyas

Sightstone is a must first item, don't see why you would delay it.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#4Big_BovyPosted 5/16/2013 5:15:02 AM
Don't rush bulwark. At the very least rush Aegis. It's way more cost efficient. With bulwark you pay 800g for 20 more MR. (10 in stats, 10 in aura.)
---
I come here to argue!
#5infinitexxPosted 5/16/2013 5:31:12 AM
Dear lord, why do you people have this much gold on Sona, are your games lasting 1.5 hours?

Ruby Sightstone
Ionian Boots/Merc Treads
Maybe Bulwark, in the event that you don't have a jungler or top who is better off with the defense.
Locket
Oracles/Wards/Wards/Pink Wards/more Wards/more Pink Wards.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6Susan0Posted 5/16/2013 5:49:38 AM
Soul shroud
---
Akali is mai Waifu desu~
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2e3brS2TV1r569y6o1_500.gif
#7EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:22:51 AM
I think I'll stick with Aegis instead of upgrading to Bulwark in the future and go for a Locket or Shurelyas instead. I think I'll skip Philosopher's from now on as well, so that should free up some space for the items ya'll have suggested.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone. Much appreciated.
---
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.
PSN: CougheeCake
#8RaemPosted 5/16/2013 6:41:20 AM
My usual support build is:

Start faerie charm, 2 wards, 1 pink ward, 2 pots (2 blue for Sona)

1st back (depending on how much money I have)

Philos + 2-3 wards + boots

Then sightstone + 1-2 wards

I basically buy 1 or 2 wards every time I go back to nexus, so by the end of the game I usually end up with CDR boots, ruby sightstone, aegis and shurelyas, sometimes I get twin shadows as well.
---
Kam~
#9fft_ramzaPosted 5/16/2013 7:02:47 AM
Even with a ton of assists I never manage to build Seraph's / Athene's, I'm just too poor, but maybe that's because despite having Ruby Sightstone I always buy 2-3 wards each back and try to permanently have Oracle's during mid and late game, that's why I'm really poor, my build ends up something like:

Bulwark
CDR Boots + Alacrity
Shurelya's
Locket
Ruby Sightstone
Twin Shadows (Or Shard of True Ice depending on my gp10 needs)

Sona is basically an aura turret with a kickass ult, but don't underestimate her damage, also make sure to make the right decision on which passive AA to apply and to whom.
---
Signature for rent