Would a different kind of Queue work?

#1Bee123187Posted 5/16/2013 10:10:34 AM
So many people complain about which role they have to play in Blind Pick and a lot of the time it ends up in people arguing and trolling the whole game, making it no fun. Rather than Riot just telling the community (which most don't even listen to) why not make it so you can queue for which position you want to play? If you don't care which position you play, queue for all 5 to make queues quicker for yourself. If you only want to play one role, the queue would obviously be longer.
---
GC IGN: Bee123187
#2kratospwnsnoobzPosted 5/16/2013 10:12:07 AM
Because it will stale the meta and rios does not want that..notice how AD casters come to mid now and a lot off AP bruises go top? that would not have been posible if the quee was role based
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#3jepaanPosted 5/16/2013 10:12:27 AM
Even more troll potential, longer queue time and Riot not wanting to enforce the meta.
---
-
#4shinigami_matt(Moderator)Posted 5/16/2013 10:12:33 AM
As much as I'd like to wait half a day just for a game, I'll stick with the normal format.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#5Black_AssassinPosted 5/16/2013 10:15:20 AM(edited)
kratospwnsnoobz posted...
Because it will stale the meta and rios does not want that..notice how AD casters come to mid now and a lot off AP bruises go top? that would not have been posible if the quee was role based

So what's preventing you from queuing on mid position and picking an AD caster in the hypothetical role based system?
---
lowercase
#6MMG_Posted 5/16/2013 10:16:18 AM
How about no.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
#7I_love_SunnyDPosted 5/16/2013 10:18:15 AM
Its been the way its been for too long now, maybe I would have supported this if they said they wanted to do it back before Season 2.

At this point? Nah.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#8Bee123187(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 10:19:13 AM
jepaan posted...
Even more troll potential, longer queue time and Riot not wanting to enforce the meta.

I'd think there would be less trolls. If someone picks a position and trolls, then it'd be pretty easy to report them for tribunal to see. As for longer queue times, they could keep regular queues to keep other players happy as well.
---
GC IGN: Bee123187
#9I_love_SunnyDPosted 5/16/2013 10:20:48 AM
Bee123187 posted...
jepaan posted...

I'd think there would be less trolls. If someone picks a position and trolls, then it'd be pretty easy to report them for tribunal to see. As for longer queue times, they could keep regular queues to keep other players happy as well.

Keeping both queues?

This is starting to sound like the worst idea ever. You want to split the community?
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#10ryanaPosted 5/16/2013 10:20:55 AM
How would you do pick order then? Would a certain role always have to pick first and thus always get counterpicked?