Would having 2 "support" jungles be better than the current meta setup?

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 5/17/2013 3:56:18 PM
A current meta team would be something like Elise top, Diana mid, Ezreal and Sona bot and Hecarim jungle.

A team I am suggesting would be like Jayce top, Lux mid, Caitlyn bot and Maokai and Khazix jungle.

Does double jungle work that well? Have one of the junglers build like an assassin the other build like a support. Counter jungle and organized ganks, kinda babysit bot if needed. Bot just farms from tower. The fact that Mao would be building support would mean that late game doesn't lose the support item benefits like the way having a double kill bot lane (Darius and Garen for example) would. That lane is strong but end game there is no support (no auras, warding, buffs etc)

What am I missing here cause on paper this is sounding good to me but I am only a Silver player. What are the downsides to this? Is there anyway it can be viable?
---
Lakers are the greatest franchise in NBA history
#2AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 3:58:03 PM
Just realized I messed up with the topic title. I meant to say 2 junglers with 1 being a support the other being an assassin. My mistake.
---
#3infinitexxPosted 5/17/2013 3:58:40 PM
Not really. It's surprising and will throw some teams off, but not the best idea against competent opponents.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4ryanaPosted 5/17/2013 4:00:38 PM
Doesn't sound like caitlyn would have a real fun time trying to farm.
#5AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 4:02:18 PM
infinitexx posted...
Not really. It's surprising and will throw some teams off, but not the best idea against competent opponents.

I honestly wonder why though. Do double jungles not level as fast? Couldnt they have a much easier time shutting down the other jungle? Wouldn't the ganks be better over all?

I think the main problem would be bot lane, in case the pick a very tanky support or jungle that can dive early.
---
#6Black_AssassinPosted 5/17/2013 4:02:37 PM
M5 did it once in tournament finals with Lee Sin + Alistar.

The game was an absolute stomp. Shyvana got wrecked.
---
lowercase
#7infinitexxPosted 5/17/2013 4:03:39 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
infinitexx posted...

I honestly wonder why though. Do double jungles not level as fast? Couldnt they have a much easier time shutting down the other jungle? Wouldn't the ganks be better over all?

I think the main problem would be bot lane, in case the pick a very tanky support or jungle that can dive early.

The enemy is going to take a tower from you fast, and jungle is already starved for xp and gold, particularly in the early stages.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#8aHappySackaPosted 5/17/2013 4:05:21 PM
Requires a ton of communication and teamwork to pull off since LoL isn't really adapted for something like it, not to mention it's so easy to ward against if anyone were to try it now.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#9AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 4:38:47 PM
Black_Assassin posted...

So they tried it and it worked in the finals of a tourney? wow

And yea I think the other problem would be warding, but Idk. I feel like I wanna give this a shot
---
#10YourLuckPosted 5/17/2013 4:42:31 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
Black_Assassin posted...

So they tried it and it worked in the finals of a tourney? wow

And yea I think the other problem would be warding, but Idk. I feel like I wanna give this a shot

Pro team > Solo-que, who figured?

It's best to try this with friends first, because more often than not, you'll probably never get to try this in solo-que.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune