AP Nasus is so strong.

#1Ultraknight64Posted 5/17/2013 10:07:25 PM
Basically, you are trading 2/3s of your Q farm for a enhanced Spirit Fire. This Spirit Fire in question, can chunk a entire minion wave faster than Anivia, as well as doing some ridiculous zoning all game long.

His ultimate becomes a insane death field doing maximum damage to every champion around him, as well as creating a slowing field if you build Rylais.

The strongest point of AP Nasus is his tower holding and split push capabilities. He obliterates minion waves faster than any champion in the game, and combined with his Q, he can wreck towers really really fast.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
<Official topic-ender of GameFAQs>
#2aHappySackaPosted 5/17/2013 10:08:50 PM
Then how come I've never seem one do well in ARAM?
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 5/17/2013 10:13:54 PM
Anyone with an AA reset benefits from a full AP Lichbane build.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4ZedPowerPosted 5/17/2013 10:48:43 PM(edited)
aHappySacka posted...
Then how come I've never seem one do well in ARAM?

I've never lost an ARAM where I was dealt Nasus, and I got on a long streak of him for some reason a while back. I do remember carrying a 4v5 with him, even. Spirit Fire really is ridiculously strong. Nobody expects Nasus to poke so hard from so far, and you dive him at your own peril.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#5AllGodsDiePosted 5/17/2013 10:52:31 PM
I've never seen a ap nasus that really dealt any dmg, but maybe I've just never seen a good one. However, most seem to be, dodge the spirit fire and all he provides is a slow for his team.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#6ZedPowerPosted 5/17/2013 11:12:32 PM
The thing that's rad about Spirit Fire is that, unlike, say, Brand's Pillar, you get an instant point-and-click up-front burst that can't actually be dodged, and since most people in ARAM are too dumb to buy any MR it's actually a decent chunk of health gone even if they walk out of it after the fact, especially if you got Sorc Boots and Liandry's on.

Of course if the enemy walks out then yeah you won't do as much damage as a Pillar, but it's still a big lingering area where the enemy team doesn't want to be, so you can use it to zone or control brush like you would with Malz or Morg pools. And it goes without saying that you can drop it on a teamfight; if the enemy frontline backs off to avoid it then your team gets free hits, and if they stand in it then they get shredded. It's win-win, and bonus for you if you've got a Rylai's.

That said, I could see how a really bad Nasus would just use Spirit Fire to poke haphazardly and not really pay attention to zoning people or forcing opponents into making poor decisions, or maybe just buy raw AP and die instantly once fights start up. You really have to be smart about your E, it's your only nuke, you can't throw it away wherever. If you guys tell me you've seen a lot of crappity ass AP Nasus players, I'mma have to believe you.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#7Ultraknight64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 11:36:13 PM
Spirit fire is really really really hard to dodge. That thing takes up almost the entire lane, and it's not really something you can expect because he can do it almost instantly from his own minion wave.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#8darkwing1232Posted 5/17/2013 11:40:53 PM
AP Nasus is too squishy. In team fights he just melts, even with his Ult. CDR with tankyness is the way to go. 40% cdr Nasus is scary as hell.
#9Ultraknight64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:10:15 AM
AP Nasus is too squishy. In team fights he just melts, even with his Ult. CDR with tankyness is the way to go. 40% cdr Nasus is scary as hell.

Rylais, Athenes, Iceborn etc etc.

Tanky AP with CDR is the best.
---
#10ZedPowerPosted 5/18/2013 1:26:12 AM(edited)
Yup, seconding that. Every completed item you buy on AP Nasus needs some sort of survivability stat on it, except maybe Sorc Boots, or Lich Bane as a sixth item if you go that way. And even then sometimes you want Tabi or Mercs instead. For CDR, I'm usually happy with Athene's + Iceborn + masteries (solves the heck out of your mana issues too), and throw in Hextech Sweeper in ARAM (or Dom) when it makes sense (vs Teemo, Wukong, Akali, Talon, etc.).

So yeah, on the other hand glass cannon pure-AP Nasus is a silly mistake committed by incompetents and I agree that it is very bad. Basically if you see a Nasus building a Deathcap, there is a very small chance that he is an amazing player who is snowballing hard and you should get ready to be carried, and a very large chance that he is a useless lump instead.

(This does not always apply to Wooglet's. Wooglet's is rad sometimes. Just sometimes.)
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones