Riot removes gold reward for kills/assist

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 5/18/2013 9:09:00 PM
How do you feel? - Results (192 votes)
I like this a lot, now bad players don't subtract from my team, they only don't contribute
17.19% (33 votes)
I am moderate, I just enjoy the art direction and party mechanics of this game
8.33% (16 votes)
I don't like it, I live to snowball because I'm hella pro
68.23% (131 votes)
I have another solution which I will post in the comments to this design problem
6.25% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think a big reason people are toxic is because a bad team member actually takes away from your team, because it boost the enemy (giving them gold, etc).

But if they made it so death didn't boost the enemy's gold, at WORST, a bad team member would no different from an AFK. Even a bad player could still contribute at least by being a warm body to sit in front of you.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#2Danger_ClosePosted 5/18/2013 9:10:00 PM
hell no
supports need that assist gold
---
A Lodestar's a Lodestar, but the Care Package could be anything! It could even be a Lodestar! You know how much we've wanted one of those!
#3DeadpooL7Posted 5/18/2013 9:11:13 PM
Such a bad idea... I dont even know where to start.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#4TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:14:25 PM
DeadpooL7 posted...

which means you don't actually have an argument or anything of value to say
---
#5omegaraijinPosted 5/18/2013 9:14:43 PM
I think you need to explain your idea in more detail because it just sounds idiotic right now.
#6XxMistahKrazyxXPosted 5/18/2013 9:16:55 PM
Basically then game becomes a farm fest for CS gold... and obviously your jungler and support are going to suck for this...

That's kind of the reason they give gold for kills and assists. So your whole team can get items to help in fights, not only top, mid, and the bot adc
#7DeadpooL7Posted 5/18/2013 9:20:12 PM(edited)
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...

Ill do a real quick run down (I could write pages on how bad this idea is)

-Supports get nothing
-Junglers are like bench players, they never leave the jungle and do nothing cause farming it is worth more than ganking which gets 0gold.
-No point in trying to kill in lane, just hit your CS which makes the game even more passive (which is already a complaint that its too passive)
-Early game champs are now useless and the game become League of hypercarries.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#8TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:20:01 PM
omegaraijin posted...
I think you need to explain your idea in more detail because it just sounds idiotic right now.

There is nothing too it, just you won't be awarded money for kills or assist.

Right now a very aggravating problem is a bad player actively helps the enemy team. They actually do MORE harm than if they just went AFK. This isn't bad design in itself, but when factoring in the fact you need to pair up with 4 strangers, this is a recipe for toxic situations.

If you at least didn't help the enemy team when you died, the game would probably be much more enjoyable in the fact that a bad team member didn't instantly mean the enemy was thousands of gold ahead of you, as well as effectively being 4v5.

There is still obvious incentive to kill someone: deny them farm time. There would most likely need to be some more changes to minion value and down time for a kill, but it is doable.

Also, might make the game a bit more aggressive for some roles, with no change to the other roles.
---
#9XialohPosted 5/18/2013 9:20:25 PM
Probably the worst idea I've seen this year TC.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#10TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:21:27 PM
DeadpooL7 posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...

Ill do a real quick run down (I could write pages on how bad this idea is)

-Supports get nothing
-Junglers are like bench players, they never leave the jungle and do nothing cause farming it is worth more than ganking which gets 0gold.
-No point in trying to kill in lane, just hit your CS which makes the game even more passive (which is already a complaint that its too passive)
-Early game champs are now useless and the game become League of hypercarries.

you know these are fixable problems right? and not even mechanically fixable, but just numbers shifted around.

It's like you can't fathom things changing in even the slightest. Stuck in your little box.
---