Riot removes gold reward for kills/assist

#11Alakazam_fanPosted 5/18/2013 9:23:35 PM
That would just be like every professional sport only paying the athetes that score points.
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#12DeadpooL7Posted 5/18/2013 9:25:42 PM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
Such a bad idea... I dont even know where to start.

which means you don't actually have an argument or anything of value to say

Ill do a real quick run down (I could write pages on how bad this idea is)

-Supports get nothing
-Junglers are like bench players, they never leave the jungle and do nothing cause farming it is worth more than ganking which gets 0gold.
-No point in trying to kill in lane, just hit your CS which makes the game even more passive (which is already a complaint that its too passive)
-Early game champs are now useless and the game become League of hypercarries.

you know these are fixable problems right? and not even mechanically fixable, but just numbers shifted around.

It's like you can't fathom things changing in even the slightest. Stuck in your little box.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the game... in your post above this you actually said it would make the game MORE aggresive in some roles and the same in others.... That show you dont understand it at all (well that and this terrible idea).

You not only dont see how it gets more passive (something thats already a problem) but you think it will be more aggressive? Please explain this.

Oh and I like how now youre the one with no argument just 'oh well it could work, i just wont explain how'.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#13MetleonPosted 5/18/2013 9:29:35 PM
This won't actually solve anything. You can be more aggressive and not care if you die because there's barely any penalty for it, especially early game. You no longer need wards in the laning phase because you don't really care if the jungler comes and kills you. The only time you would need them is late game when your death could mean the enemy team could push down a tower or take baron while you're dead.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#14AllGodsDiePosted 5/18/2013 9:39:17 PM
Every idea tc spouts is utter nonsense and laughable.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#15samuricexPosted 5/18/2013 10:25:11 PM(edited)
If someone is bad and feeding, they probably deserve to lose. This game would even be more farmy if getting kills no longer yielded gold.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#16WombatishPosted 5/18/2013 9:42:14 PM
The problem is that this slows the game way down. If the only incentive to kill players is to deny them farm then that slows down the rate at which gold is being gained. This results in longer laning phases and causes less gold dependent champs to become overly powerful since they can afford to lose farm in order to deny. Leaving gold for kills in the game leads to faster items which results in more varied and faster games. You could solve that by lowering gold costs but the game just becomes who can farm the best as you can get high end items off farm.
---
I LIKE HOT MAN CORPSES AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT, **** -Olan
#17SmishhhPosted 5/18/2013 10:01:01 PM
That would literally make 80% of the game completely pointless and terrible. So basically everyone just stacks pure gp10 runes and items, and passively farms until late game where death timers are long enough for fighting the enemy to be vaguely worth your time?

You might as well just skip right to everyone being lvl 18 with a full build of their choice and have them fight it out on howling abyss every match.
#18g-cube_mastaPosted 5/18/2013 10:17:29 PM
brb gonna instalock Yi and suicide into towers to victory.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#19wind64aPosted 5/18/2013 10:25:45 PM
Instead, why not have exponentially decreasing gold given for a Champion killed who hasn't had any kills since their last death? That way if one person is feeding badly they give decreasing returns upon dying. Assists would count as 1/2 a kill so that Supports can still be targets.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#20thedarklordx3Posted 5/18/2013 10:33:31 PM
depends on what no longer grants gold

if only assists, then laners actively have to fight against junglers because one of them gets the kill in a gank and the other gets a f*** you for your time, being a support also becomes 900x harder

the meta might shift hardcore though, either that or supports playstyle becomes different

if all kills, then the game becomes super boring and dies because it's all about farming to 400CS being full build and pushing mid until you win
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards