TIL that there's no difference between silver and diamond.

#1LinkandLuigiPosted 5/18/2013 11:00:37 PM
Seriously, people play the exact same. If you are good enough to be above Bronze you are definitely good enough to get Diamond.

I was stuck in Silver 1 for two months, went to my friends house for the day, went from Plat 4 to Diamond 1.

Easiest games of my life too. If you achieve gold, the rest of the way is a cakewalk.
---
Fave game ever: Zelda Ocarina of Time
Sig dedicated to: hARMsEDFORCES and NuramaTheBD
#2Mitsune_RakaenPosted 5/18/2013 11:23:14 PM
You went up 9 divisions in 8-12 hours? Impressive.
---
You can't take the sky from me.
#3boktai3Posted 5/18/2013 11:28:24 PM
there is a clear changes in actions of people in higher tiers, the key one being: people besides support buy wards. makes or breaks a game.
#4CovenantPosted 5/19/2013 12:23:54 AM
Not the first person I've seen to claim this.

Multiple Diamond players have opined that the only noticable stratification in skill past mid-Silver occurs at Diamond 2 or higher.
#5tigerjackhammerPosted 5/19/2013 12:36:09 AM
That's really not true as a Diamond player, the skill difference, mechanical skills and overall knowledge of the game is entirely different
#6ERLiNoPosted 5/19/2013 3:13:07 AM
My friend went from silver to gold in 5 months. From gold to plat 3 in 1 week.
I think upper silver is just a crazy place.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#7Fenrir the WolfPosted 5/19/2013 3:18:11 AM
ERLiNo posted...
I think upper silver is just a crazy place.

It is.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#8noone369Posted 5/19/2013 3:24:45 AM
LinkandLuigi posted...
Seriously, people play the exact same. If you are good enough to be above Bronze you are definitely good enough to get Diamond.

I was stuck in Silver 1 for two months, went to my friends house for the day, went from Plat 4 to Diamond 1.

Easiest games of my life too. If you achieve gold, the rest of the way is a cakewalk.

19 promotion games + around 3 games to get to promotion that is 3*8=24 so 43 games in total, lets assume that one game was 30 minutes. That would mean that you played for 21.5 hours that day when you went to your friends house. Kinda hard to believe.
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.
#9mattislegionPosted 5/19/2013 3:25:12 AM
In my personal experience, Gold-Plat took forever, and then Plat to Diamond 1 was super easy in comparison. I think it's an individual thing. Every player has a plateau that they have to get over.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#10Whacko JackoPosted 5/19/2013 3:48:58 AM
That is the worthless league system. Elo ranking > League.

The League system is designed to make it easier for people to see an "advance" when the hidden MMR is the real judge.