Question about laning.

#1EscaSyraPosted 5/20/2013 5:29:04 AM
In my limited experience so far it seems like the only acceptable laning composition is AP mid, ADC bot, Supp bot, one jungle, and one top.

My question is, why does this seem like the only setup that's viable?

Are there any advanced players and teams that break from this accepted setup, and if so are they successful? Are there any other possible combinations that won't be criticized?

I ask this because as a player that comes from Dota 1, it feels like there are many more options in that game. I'm enjoying LoL a great deal and I'm not hating on it. I'm only curious as to why this seems like the only viable option and if it is do you think it could or will change?

Has it been like this from the beginning?
---
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.
PSN: CougheeCake
#2DaryltheSquirePosted 5/20/2013 2:26:35 PM
I think this explains it pretty well.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/36952-Beginners_Guide_to_Meta_Laning
#3infinitexxPosted 5/20/2013 2:29:19 PM
Anything beyond the standard meta requires a fair amount of team coordination, something that is difficult to find in solo queue.

You can watch some LCS matches and you'll see that even though they do have the same types of lanes, it is a lot more fluid and people move between them.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4Black_AssassinPosted 5/20/2013 2:48:46 PM
AD mids have gotten more popular in season 3, just to mention.
---
lowercase