Just hit lvl 30, any advice(I've appraised my skill at like... bronze 3-4)?

#1thedarklordx3Posted 5/20/2013 2:03:04 PM
topic title

anyone want to give some advice before I plunge balls deep into ranked?

I can do every role, but I dislike jungling and hate support so I won't ever call either of those roles,

I don't have any adcs, but I'll main twitch after my next game(I've got like... 3113 IP)

any advice other than that new/recent LOD blog thing(read it, love it)
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#2AlastreonPosted 5/20/2013 2:05:22 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
topic title

I can do every role, but I dislike jungling and hate support so I won't ever call either of those roles,

I don't have any adcs, but I'll main twitch after my next game(I've got like... 3113 IP)

Get used to support,best advice you'll get here.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#3xMrShadowPosted 5/20/2013 2:06:30 PM
Don't play ranked yet. Learn at least 3 champs for all roles.
---
3DS Friend Code - 4811-6938-3649 Pkmn Black 2 2452-2591-2605 NID - Mr.Shadow
PSN/XBL - xMrShadowZ
#4ryanaPosted 5/20/2013 2:11:36 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
topic title

Get ready for some of the most painful play you've ever seen :).

But yeah, you can just go for it if you want, unless you're the type that believes in Elo Hell. If you're ok with ending up in bronze then there's not a lot of reason to wait. I've heard the "3 champs in every role" suggestion a lot but some roles (like ADC) you don't need 3 of as you'll always get one of your top two. As long as you don't expect amumu, malph, blitz, or shen to ever be available you're fine.
#5KoHfamPosted 5/20/2013 2:13:27 PM
Wait.... you're level 30?

I thought (read: hoped) you were like level 4
---
Just my .02. LoL IGN: SSJRoshi
So Zac is Urf - Riot will unveil on Urf Day, April 1st. Roshi calls it now.
#6Fire_AwayPosted 5/20/2013 2:14:36 PM
I would say three for each role is only really a good idea if one of your champs for a role is common ban bait. Two should be fine.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#7ExalxPosted 5/20/2013 2:15:22 PM
Don't play ranked right off the bat. Get at least 300 wins or something or main a few a champs for each role.

And get a duo partner
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#8thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 2:17:02 PM
xMrShadow posted...
Don't play ranked yet. Learn at least 3 champs for all roles.

the funny thing is that I have like 5 champs for every non-adc role

as in...

(only going to list characters that I can conceivably use)

my tops:
malphite, kayle, malphite, mordekaiser, singed, teemo, xin zhao(second best), Jax(best)

my mids:
AP yi, zilean(best), fiddlesticks, kayle, teemo, mordekaiser, xin zhao(apparantly)

my junglers(lots of top crossover):

amumu(probably), udyr, Jax, kayle(seriously), xin zhao, warwick(i think), master yi

my supports:
zilean, alistar, taric, kayle(SERIOUSLY), fiddlesticks(I guess...),

the adcs that I can currently use(not well):

tristana, ashe, (do yi and trynd count? probably not, because they're unviable right?)

that's most but not all of my champions

the ones I left out I am 100% sure I can't use in any way shape or form(except trynd, I mentioned him but I feed hard whenever I play him)

I'll buy twitch after next game though, and I fed super hard last time I used him, but then I caught back up and ended positive(went from like 1-9 or 0-9 to 17-18)
---
#9thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 2:27:28 PM
KoHfam posted...
Wait.... you're level 30?

I thought (read: hoped) you were like level 4

oh god, another one of my haters

FYI when I was level 4 I was worse than you can possibly imagine, so no matter how much you think I suck, know this: 1/23/6(something like that) ryze in an easy bot game is where I came from.

as a side and unrelated note, I hate ryze with a passion and refuse to ever play him again.

Fire_Away posted...
I would say three for each role is only really a good idea if one of your champs for a role is common ban bait. Two should be fine.

I kicked myself for buying malphite because it was a waste,

then I realised since he's easy to play and mega powerful(not OP, just powerful he's a tank hes only OP if attacking the tank(like an idiot) is part of your plan to win the game)

so I bought amumu too, I plan to learn him eventually in a draft normal, and then if I ever have to jungle when he's not banned then show the enemy team what happens when you don't ban amumu

Exalx posted...
Don't play ranked right off the bat. Get at least 300 wins or something or main a few a champs for each role.

And get a duo partner

I'm sort of impatient, so I'm not going to follow the first part of this advice, but it sounds like good advice that I'll regret ignoring

I'll duo with some of my other lvl 30 friends soon(some of which are in bronze, so yay me easy games)

ryana posted...

Get ready for some of the most painful play you've ever seen :).

But yeah, you can just go for it if you want, unless you're the type that believes in Elo Hell. If you're ok with ending up in bronze then there's not a lot of reason to wait. I've heard the "3 champs in every role" suggestion a lot but some roles (like ADC) you don't need 3 of as you'll always get one of your top two. As long as you don't expect amumu, malph, blitz, or shen to ever be available you're fine.

I believe in elo hell, but I don't believe that it'll be why I'm bronze V instead of diamond 1 like an idiot, I believe that it'd be the thing keeping me from silver I as a silver III or out of silver V as a bronze II or I

if you were really, REALLY far ahead of your ranking, you'd have no trouble leaving, 35/8(or was it 25/8) gold V riven I faced in a normal yesterday showed me what playing against people who aren't as good as you looks like(oh lawd, she wrecked us, think: 1v4 and double kill then escaping with the other 2 at 10%).

yeah I figured I wouldn't need more than 2ish per role unless I'm stupid and think maining hecarim and vi was a good idea

Alastreon posted...

Get used to support,best advice you'll get here.

I am willing to do almost anything except this.
---
#10Fire_AwayPosted 5/20/2013 2:28:54 PM
What are the problems that you have with playing support?
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)