Just hit lvl 30, any advice(I've appraised my skill at like... bronze 3-4)?

#161Clutch_TheoryPosted 5/24/2013 4:02:06 PM
I think the biggest piece of advice I could give you would be to stop trying to innovate before you understand the game in and out. That will be quite a while. I've been playing since before season 1 and I finally feel like I understand almost everything, but still not quite all of it.

LOD the God has answered your prayers mortal
#162thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 4:44:09 PM
SoraOwnsAll posted...
Yes, I do. Runes you can run on all champions. A champion you can only run as that champion.

fine fine fine, see below, wait, won't different champs need different runes?

Now how about you just don't tower dive unless you know you can get out alive?

...that requires a fundamental change... almost everything I do is in pursuit of a kill

my thoughts on tower diving are "yes if you can get a minimum of 1 kill, no otherwise"

sooo... probably not gonna happen

You're right, you could do this. Then you could continue to rage at your teammates when you are only holding yourself behind due to a lack of runes.

fine, my runepage is almost finished anyway, I'll finish it

then I guess I'll buy nasus in my quest to learn how to CS

how about instead of 9x armor and 9x MR yellows I run 5x armor and 4x MR and don't buy any more?
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#163ryanaPosted 5/24/2013 4:46:52 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
SoraOwnsAll posted...
Yes, I do. Runes you can run on all champions. A champion you can only run as that champion.

fine fine fine, see below, wait, won't different champs need different runes?

Now how about you just don't tower dive unless you know you can get out alive?

...that requires a fundamental change... almost everything I do is in pursuit of a kill

my thoughts on tower diving are "yes if you can get a minimum of 1 kill, no otherwise"

You're right, you could do this. Then you could continue to rage at your teammates when you are only holding yourself behind due to a lack of runes.

fine, my runepage is almost finished anyway, I'll finish it

then I guess I'll buy nasus in my quest to learn how to CS

how about instead of 9x armor and 9x MR yellows I run 5x armor and 4x MR and don't buy any more?

Pretty sure he means 9x armor yellows and 9x MR blues
#164thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 4:47:10 PM
ISamfisherI posted...
I think the biggest piece of advice I could give you would be to stop trying to innovate before you understand the game in and out. That will be quite a while. I've been playing since before season 1 and I finally feel like I understand almost everything, but still not quite all of it.

you do realize that was stolen from a skittles commercial and not meant as a serious rebuttal to his complains about my build right?
---
#165DrewdadruidPosted 5/24/2013 5:04:48 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
ISamfisherI posted...

you do realize that was stolen from a skittles commercial and not meant as a serious rebuttal to his complains about my build right?

Just so you know LOD is challenger SO LISTEN TO HIM
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBtgt.jpg LOLIGN: DrewDaDruid
#166SoraOwnsAllPosted 5/24/2013 5:16:22 PM

Then keep feeding, raging, and stay stuck in bronze with that terrible mentality.

Also, it's important to note that if you tower dive to get a kill then die to their jungler, you just managed to give them more gold then what you got.

won't different champs need different runes?

You can run x9 AD reds, x9 Armor Yellows, x9 Flat MR blue, and x3 AD quints on nearly everybody and do well, aside from supports and mids. For mids you'd want to swap out for x9 Mpen reds and x3 AP quints and supports would want x9 armor reds and x3 gold quints.

and yeah oops, meant x9 flat mr blue. dunno why I put yellow earlier. Sorry.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#167thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 6:26:55 PM
Drewdadruid posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...
ISamfisherI posted...

Just so you know LOD is challenger SO LISTEN TO HIM

wait a minute..... that was.... I forgot his....

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS LOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#168thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 6:35:48 PM(edited)
SoraOwnsAll posted...

Then keep feeding, raging, and stay stuck in bronze with that terrible mentality.

Also, it's important to note that if you tower dive to get a kill then die to their jungler, you just managed to give them more gold then what you got.

sometimes I want to get ganked, because I know that I stand a reasonable chance of taking my opponent in a duel even with me at a vast health disadvantage

that of course is how I got several kills with 2 different champions in many different games

I will relent, that dying to the jungler right after is a problem... unless the jungler and I die at the same time, or someone else gets him, as that means my team has just gone 2 for 1, which works out in our favor

I don't really see what the problem is with tower diving if I get the kill before I die

although, tis funny when i tower dive, get the kill and end up executed thus giving their team nothing

won't different champs need different runes?

You can run x9 AD reds, x9 Armor Yellows, x9 Flat MR blue, and x3 AD quints on nearly everybody and do well, aside from supports and mids. For mids you'd want to swap out for x9 Mpen reds and x3 AP quints and supports would want x9 armor reds and x3 gold quints.

and yeah oops, meant x9 flat mr blue. dunno why I put yellow earlier. Sorry.

...that's like 1800 more IP

wouldn't it be easier to itemize MR and keep my AP blues because it isn't really necessary until mid/late game anyway?

ISamfisherI posted...
"I believe in elo hell, but I don't believe that it'll be why I'm bronze V instead of diamond 1 like an idiot, I believe that it'd be the thing keeping me from silver I as a silver III or out of silver V as a bronze II or I"

You can call it whatever you want. Elo hell, "the place where Im stuck at because Im not good enough to win games consistently yet", elo heaven. It doesnt matter how you label it. The definition of elo hell is the place where you are personally stuck and cannot get past, because you are not better than your teammates yet. Not trying to insult you, but yeh.

isn't it funny that the only way to progress in a team-based game is to be so good that your worthless team mates can't drag you down(effectively bypassing them)?
---
#169SoraOwnsAllPosted 5/24/2013 6:36:49 PM
...that's like 1800 more IP

wouldn't it be easier to itemize MR and keep my AP blues because it isn't really necessary until mid/late game anyway?

no, no it would not.

I don't really see what the problem is with tower diving if I get the kill before I die

What's the point? If they're actually low enough to die, they should probably back. If they back, you can just proxy behind their tower which means you are getting a ton of xp / gold from the cs (assuming you actually learned how to get cs in the past 2 days...) while they are getting nothing.

You're also trading completely even on something you don't have to do.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#170NicoGrimmPosted 5/24/2013 7:11:30 PM
Why are you guys still trying to help him? He's beyond stubborn. The headaches are not worth it.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.