Talk me out of support Sejuani

#1Game ShowPosted 5/20/2013 11:33:00 PM
I've been experimenting with support Sej, and it's been going decently. I always thought she had a decent kit for it, (AoE) knockup -> slow, plus stun ult. Transition into standard tank support build, ala Taric/Leona. Why wouldn't it work?
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#2VoidgolemPosted 5/20/2013 11:33:59 PM
needs cash to be more than a speedbump mid/lategame.
---
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"
#3EcchiBakaPosted 5/20/2013 11:34:28 PM
No.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#4Game Show(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 11:34:49 PM
Voidgolem posted...

What makes her different from Taric and Leona?
---
#5Ava_BalthierPosted 5/20/2013 11:34:50 PM
She offers absolutely nothing in terms of early game poke, she has to completely balls to the walls aggressive in order to do anything, even when she hits 6 she has to follow up.

If the enemy picks anything that can just push you away or harass you down, or something strong early to just punch your head in, your going to get screwed up.
---
welcome to the world of online gaming, where nobody is your friend, and your friends, yeah they hate you too.
#6Game Show(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 11:36:05 PM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
No.

So you agree that Sejuani can support? Fantastic, but I'd like some reasoning to confirm
---
#7VoidgolemPosted 5/20/2013 11:37:09 PM
Voidgolem posted...

Taric and Leona get obnoxious amounts of free stats.
---
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"
#8EcchiBakaPosted 5/20/2013 11:45:28 PM
Game Show posted...
KloudtheYoukai posted...
No.

So you agree that Sejuani can support? Fantastic, but I'd like some reasoning to confirm

It's not that I don't agree that Sejuani can or cannot support. I just don't want you to. I understand though, trying creative approaches to champions is fun, but when you're jungling you're supporting all lanes instead of one. That brings out the best of Sejuani, not being stuck in lane with some ungrateful ADC who pesters you about ward placement and not taking CS.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#9Master_strikerPosted 5/20/2013 11:50:37 PM
Game Show posted...
Voidgolem posted...

Taric offers great auras, a point and click stun that's an amazing dis/engage and a heal, all that without having to leave his ADC's side.

Leona's passive turn her into a dangerous initiator early on and with her W, she doesn't need to buy resist items to actually be able to tank.

Sejuani is booty early, she doesn't offer much, no auras, no damage, no tankyness. She's just there, the enemy laner can just ignore her and go straight for the ADC.

It sakes sej a lot of $$$ before being useful.
#10Game Show(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 11:50:48 PM
Ava_Balthier posted...
She offers absolutely nothing in terms of early game poke,

How is that different from Taric and Leona? Taric has the stun, but he can't spam it. I suppose you could say Leona has the dash, but that goes into your second part

she has to completely balls to the walls aggressive in order to do anything, even when she hits 6 she has to follow up.

What is Leona doing when she's not going for the dash combo? Doesn't she have to be just as aggressive to do anything?

If the enemy picks anything that can just push you away or harass you down, or something strong early to just punch your head in, your going to get screwed up.

Taric at least has the ranged stun to deal with that, but what is Leona going to do in that situation that Sejuani can't?

Voidgolem posted...
Taric and Leona get obnoxious amounts of free stats.

See this is a convincing argument, their abilities giving them the stat boosts

KloudtheYoukai posted...
It's not that I don't agree that Sejuani can or cannot support. I just don't want you to. I understand though, trying creative approaches to champions is fun, but when you're jungling you're supporting all lanes instead of one. That brings out the best of Sejuani, not being stuck in lane with some ungrateful ADC who pesters you about ward placement and not taking CS.

This sounds more like an argument to avoid playing support completely
---