I faced my first blue build Ez, here's my thoughts.

#1EscaSyraPosted 5/24/2013 3:12:13 PM(edited)
I'm new, only level 14, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

1. His pokes were constant and extremely fast.

2. His pokes were still doing good damage against us, even though I was Soraka with an Aegis. In hindsight, I should've upgraded to the Bulwark.

3. He was uncatchable. He was a really good player. He rarely got caught, and if he did it was extremely easy for him to escape. Even still, he was slowing us while gaining speed.

4. I managed to dodge a lot of his pokes, but it didn't seem to help much. His spells were still off CD almost immediately it seemed like.

Now on to my question. What counters this? He had a decent early game, worse than we had, but the game dragged on too long. We didn't capitalize and push. It seems like the only way to stop him would be to end the game early, or absolutely demolish him.

All in all it was a good learning experience. He was the best Ez I've faced so far, and he really demonstrated how powerful the blue build is.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#2infinitexxPosted 5/24/2013 3:13:14 PM
Hard CC+All in.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#3EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 3:15:00 PM
infinitexx posted...
Hard CC+All in.

Yeah we should've done that, but it seemed everyone was too preoccupied with farming. About five minutes after I suggested we should push and end we still weren't grouping well.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#4Chrikke666Posted 5/24/2013 3:34:16 PM
infinitexx posted...
Hard CC+All in.

Seems a good idea on paper, but the build puts his E on like a 6 second cooldown. If his Flash is up, you're not getting to him unless you have a ridiculous amount of gapclosers.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#5Master Of The DeadPosted 5/24/2013 3:51:01 PM
Hard CC+All in.

This, but you still need to outplay him hard. Ward everywhere so you can try and get a good position on him.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif http://i.imgur.com/lAxcrb8.jpg
#6legendarylemurPosted 5/24/2013 4:57:56 PM
It's also hard to hard CC him because he's got an aoe slow on a 1 second timer lol
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.
#7R_JackalPosted 5/24/2013 5:11:39 PM
In all honesty, this is probably just going to lead to Iceborn Gauntlet getting nerfed, so I really don't care. It's kind of annoying item anyway.
#8BhelliumPosted 5/24/2013 5:14:14 PM
funny thing is mallet and ibg were already nerfed for ranged characters because Ez in particular was just too strong with them

In any case Blue Ez doesn't have the sustain that traditional carries do. Even if a quick burst doesn't kill him it can force him out, which is often enough.
---
Not to mention that Morg cheated using powers from another dimension. She may as well call herself ExDeath and go Mwahahahaha- KeepItCivil
#9Skul_Posted 5/24/2013 5:20:29 PM
He gets raped by burst.

I know from experience... Damn you veigar.
---
Once again Americans seek to ravage our games as they ravaged Iran. Yesterday Final Fantasy, Today Dark Souls, tommorow Tokyo. ~ Japanese Guy
i5-2500-550TI-8GB
#10VoidgolemPosted 5/24/2013 5:22:05 PM
if he can't sit back and spam Q then he's pretty much worthless. Act accordingly.
---
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"