Why Locket over Shureyla?

#1UNC_TarheelsPosted 5/29/2013 4:52:23 PM
I missed the boat on this one. Every support used to build philo in Shurelya's for the stats it gave. But now almost every character builds Locket instead.

Is it just the gold efficiency? What happened to supports wanting the Shurelya active for engage & disengage? Not to mention philo is already incredibly gold efficient even before you add in that it's a gp/5
---
Eagles & Suns forever! Just because we're terrible doesn't mean we're not awesome
NFLB's worst Saints fan, as voted by Shamrock
#2KrKABUT0Posted 5/29/2013 4:53:30 PM
I've seen more junglers build Locket than supports. But it's just really cost efficient.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#3tacoslayer89Posted 5/29/2013 4:59:57 PM
Sightstone. A lot of players don't even buy philo because of Sightstone, and if they do they're still not using nearly as much money on wards.

And yes gold efficiency and that good stuff, but ultimately it's situational with all the long-range engages now anyway.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#4Hyper InfernoPosted 5/29/2013 5:01:28 PM
Even though philo gives good gold efficiency for its stats, the HP/5 it grants is largely outmatched by mass pots at the beginning of the game, even with limits of 5 max pots. It also dropped from 15 HP/5 to 7 HP/5, which is a pretty big difference.

Shurelya's itself also lost a ton of stats, losing 20 HP/5, 80 health, and 5% CDR. It's no longer a clear cut choice for supports to get anymore with Locket dropping significantly in price.

Still isn't bad, and still an option to get both.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#5viajarvPosted 5/29/2013 5:05:56 PM
Reverie got nerfed I think, while Locket's recipe changed to build from kindlegem, which has always been a really nice item.
#6viajarvPosted 5/29/2013 5:14:22 PM
Looking at the patch notes Reverie was nerfed hard. They made it 100g cheaper, but took away significant amounts from each of its stats. Locket got hit a little too, increasing cost and taking health but the important part is clutch saves of health on demand in a teamfight or say against a Karthus ult.

I actually thought junglers built Aegis more often since its a much more expensive item for supports.
#7FlareZeroPosted 5/29/2013 5:23:54 PM
viajarv posted...
Looking at the patch notes Reverie was nerfed hard. They made it 100g cheaper, but took away significant amounts from each of its stats. Locket got hit a little too, increasing cost and taking health but the important part is clutch saves of health on demand in a teamfight or say against a Karthus ult.

I actually thought junglers built Aegis more often since its a much more expensive item for supports.

Junglers have a tendency to build Aegis/Bulwark unless you're in wood league where everyone relegates aura items to supports. Locket is a nicer starting item on most junglers nowadays since you get the early stats from it (CDR, armor, health, HP regen). Afterwards, you can grab the Aegis for team fights. I'd rather, as the jungler, the support grab an early Ruby Sightstone and not have to worry about trying to rush an aura item and limiting himself to not being able to buy wards (or have slots for it) during mid game. The support can still buy items like a Locket or Aegis for the stats and aura in case you get too spread out during a fight (ie a J4 with an Aegis diving while an Alistar with Aegis can peel for the ADC).

There's also the fact that Shureyla just kind of fell off with a lot of hard engage champs this season being so dominant. If you have someone like Heca or J4 on you, what good is Shurelya?
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#8Village IdiotPosted 5/29/2013 5:54:57 PM
The only reason to get Shurelias now is if your team lacks a good initiator or its super late game.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude