is taric even viable anymore?

#1Dwhite_1Posted 5/29/2013 8:39:54 PM
i remember seeing him ALOT a while back, and i guess he got nerfed or something cause i havnt seen him at all recently

is he not a good support nowadays or something?
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2JetdaHawkPosted 5/29/2013 8:41:08 PM
He's perfectly fine. He got a massive buff a while back and then they nerfed it a little bit so he wasn't overpowered and everyone stopped playing him. It's just a flavor of the month cycle. Some other support will become everyone's favorite, I believe it's currently Lulu, and then they'll fade when a pro plays someone else really well.
---
It is my job, to steal, to rob, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVES!
#3Lord_WoobiePosted 5/29/2013 8:50:36 PM
Tarique is still great. Not as much utility as he used to have since they nerfed his armor aura, but he's still decently tanky and can make da plays with his stun/burst combo.

He's the quintessential kill-lane/anti-kill-lane support.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4BhelliumPosted 5/29/2013 8:55:27 PM
just not insta-win bot anymore
---
Not to mention that Morg cheated using powers from another dimension. She may as well call herself ExDeath and go Mwahahahaha- KeepItCivil
#5EphidelPosted 5/29/2013 8:59:00 PM
I'm not sure it was really a result of any direct buffs to Taric that people started to consider him overpowered, because the only thing that happened to him between Volibear's release and the aura nerf was him getting MR per level. I think it's more that the game changed around him and the free armor was something people really liked.

When they nerfed his armor aura, they also increased his damage, so it was more of a change to what he's capable of. He works fine as support if that's what you're into, but try playing him in other roles too, he can do some neat stuff.
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif
#6Knight_Of_OrderPosted 5/29/2013 9:02:23 PM
They nerfed his burst, armor aura and stun. He's...ok, but he just doesnt offer a much as the stronger supports (Lulu, Sona, Zyra, Nami, Leona, etc)
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#7Knight_Of_OrderPosted 5/29/2013 9:03:49 PM
Ephidel posted...
I'm not sure it was really a result of any direct buffs to Taric that people started to consider him overpowered, because the only thing that happened to him between Volibear's release and the aura nerf was him getting MR per level. I think it's more that the game changed around him and the free armor was something people really liked.

When they nerfed his armor aura, they also increased his damage, so it was more of a change to what he's capable of. He works fine as support if that's what you're into, but try playing him in other roles too, he can do some neat stuff.

All the other top tier supports got nerfed in one way or another + S3 made flat armor pen much stronger = Taric jumped to top tier.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#8FlareZeroPosted 5/29/2013 9:04:59 PM
He just doesn't feel the same any more as as support since the nerf. It was exactly what Riot intended as his aggressive play style isn't as dominant as it was before. I'd rather pick Leona or someone else if I plan on being aggressive and going for all-ins.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#9zeppelin312Posted 5/29/2013 9:05:29 PM
just play him in the jungle or on top
#10LordMordorPosted 5/29/2013 11:05:08 PM
the changes to armor pen and the fact that armor items themselves were in general more expensive/less efficient meant his Aura became a lot more valuable

combine that with an easy on demand stun, healing, and his own burst and he was definitely a step above other supports

the armor aura was why people played him...so when they nerfed it he lost a lot of his popularity. It also helped that Thresh was released and everyone flocked to him as their support of choice
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!