Need help improving my top lane

#1Tyrannus5930Posted 6/10/2013 9:43:36 PM
AIGHT PEOPLE.

Lets get the stuff I know how to do:

-Ward. Go back, buy a ward. Every. Time.
-Don't over extend your lane if you see mid missing
-Don't play Fiora
-CS, CS, CS
-When you know you have an item advantage, know when to all in
-When mid is getting their s*** pushed in, and I'm winning my lane, go and help constantly
-Take notice of the enemy's creep wave and decide when to go all in, as creep aggro can screw me over

Things I need tips on:

-As a bruiser, I build tanky like 99% of the time, unless I play Tryndamere. When and how do I figure out when it is a good time to peel and initiate the team fight?
-How do I freeze my lane? Whenever I'm purely just last hitting and not using any abilities, I find myself still pushing my lane right to the tower
-How do I counter champions such as Cho'gath and Malphite? Cho'gath I can shut down before level 6, but I've had matches where Cho'gath goes to mid and ganks them, gets fed, and is now much more tankier than I. Malphite, I just have a lot of trouble with, period

If there are any other pointers you'd like to tell me, please do.
---
MacBook Pro 2011 | Crucial M4 256GB
http://i.imgur.com/EIlO2al.gif
#2JennaTahliaPosted 6/10/2013 10:14:43 PM
tl;dr carry harder
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3ZeroisaheroPosted 6/10/2013 10:45:37 PM
top lane is all about matchups

u need to play around 50-100 games with 1 champ in top lane to efficiently know what to do against each and every champion you're faced up against.

its more about knowing what your champion is able to do rather than being a top laner in general.
---
"I'm the greatest, everyone else is trash, money in the bank, pimpin ain't easy".
#4MagiaIcePosted 6/10/2013 11:08:02 PM(edited)
top lane is all about matchups

u need to play around 50-100 games with 1 champ in top lane to efficiently know what to do against each and every champion you're faced up against.

its more about knowing what your champion is able to do rather than being a top laner in general.

It's easy to play a role. But can you apply that knowledge to the champion and playstyle you're using?
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu