What made Dr Mundo a great jungler that he doesnt have this season?

#1CascaydePosted 6/12/2013 7:41:16 PM
Or is he just not as great as the options as there are now, such as compared to an elise or a zac.
---
GT: DeLaMal
LoL: Cascayde
#2SirWozzelPosted 6/12/2013 7:42:35 PM
No gap closer or hard cc.
---
Some people need to know when to stop talking.
LOL: Sir Wozzel
#3FvPPosted 6/12/2013 7:42:56 PM
HoG
Warmogs pre nerf
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#4aHappySackaPosted 6/12/2013 7:43:39 PM
Oracles not being permanent as well as nerfs to tanks due to the pen changes and anti HP stacking items like Liandry's and BorK.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#5zeppelin312Posted 6/12/2013 7:44:27 PM
aoe speed clearing not as significant
#6CosmosYearsPosted 6/12/2013 7:45:56 PM
He's still good because of S3 itemization but the thing he used to have is he was counter jungle king in S2 because he had the fastest clears (still does) but his health would remain super high, which it doesn't now. Now I'm actually afraid of other junglers invading me and killing me, in S2 it was the complete opposite.

So the thing that went along with good map control junglers was oracles control. Jungles would often buy oracles early and sweep the map creating tons of pressure on the lanes. Mundo could do this because he could walk anywhere he wanted without fear.

As far as insane late game and teamfighting he's just as good if not better.
---
LOL IGN: Aladair AKA best jungle NA
#7AmarajahPosted 6/12/2013 7:51:21 PM(edited)
Compiling from other posts and other things I think are the reason:

No Heart of Gold
Warmog's sorta nerfed
FoN removed
AoE speed clearing and counterjungling not as strong, jungle hits harder so lower hp clears too
More %max hp damage things and power on champions and items
Liandry's and overall itemization/mechanics changes, harder to be as bulky in season 3 as offense is more powerful
Better, stronger, more OP champs and champions coming out made for the current meta
#8ineedaname88Posted 6/12/2013 7:48:44 PM
FvP posted...
HoG
Warmogs pre nerf

And FoN being removed
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#9TheConductorSixPosted 6/12/2013 8:09:20 PM
it had nothing to do with HoG or Warmogs. It had nothing to do with BotRK or Liandry.

it had everything to do with W nerfs and Oracles nerf. Mundo's greatest strength was the pressure he put on the enemy jungler and the pressure he put on the map. Since he rarely feared dying he could buy an early Oracle and clear the map and deny the enemy vision from 6-7 minutes on.

He could also counter jungle any jungler without solid clear speed. Season 3's jungle changes removed counter jungling. You will see Mundo return with the new jungle changes.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#10FlareZeroPosted 6/12/2013 8:11:13 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/66339229
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/66303448

If you actually read those topics, they have enough summary in there as to why he fell off this season. Much like Shyvana and Skarner, he fell off for the same reason.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.