Cant wait for a new season

#1Cuddie415Posted 6/12/2013 10:33:37 PM
So im sure people will call me a noob but here is my story.

I went 8-1 in my prelims and got silver V which i was happy with. I decided i would play with my RL friend who was bronze V after his prelims to help him get ranked up. Needless to say i ended up screwed in my mmr and im playing with bronze 4 and 5 every match. I win 1 and lose 1 over and over. When i carry we win, if i dont we lose and it is frustrating as hell. Not sure what else i can do to get out of this hell before i started games with my friend i was winning 5 to 1 or so and then i played about 15 games with him when i was at his house and we wont maybe 2 and i dont know if it is possible to recover my mmr. any advice i could get would be great i can play any role well btu i cant carry every game its jsut not possible and tongiht was really depressing with decent games turing into nightmares because of teamates. NicholasC is my summoner name if thats needed. The last 2 games i have had jungles who refuse to gank then complain when we die to the other teams ganks when we try to push and i feel lost.

TLDR: I guess im a noob? and I need your help
#2KirbixPosted 6/12/2013 10:39:39 PM
Sounds like your friend is terrible and dragging your ass down.

Dump the freeloader and play soloqueue.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#3megadude1Posted 6/12/2013 10:42:31 PM
Kirbix posted...
Sounds like your friend is terrible and dragging your ass down.

Dump the freeloader and play soloqueue.

---
Dat below average bad league playing ASIAN
Watch my stream twitch.tv/megasmeagles
#4kainxkixirPosted 6/12/2013 10:44:42 PM
TBH?

Rose from 800 elo to 1600 in season 2. Theres actually 2 champions that can guarantee most victories until you're gold.

Katarina and Talon. Trust me.
---
I am paranoid.
#5SmishhhPosted 6/12/2013 10:54:28 PM
Cuddie415 posted...
i dont know if it is possible to recover my mmr

It is, if you managed to place higher than you are now and it wasn't total luck you can eventually fight your way back up to where you belong. But it is about averages, not single games, so it may take some time. And even if your placements were very lucky you can still improve and eventually deserve to be up there anyway.

Just play a lot more ranked games alone than you do with him, so that the percentage he can potentially drag you down isn't too significant. Or try to play just normals with him until he improves a bit if you don't want him affecting your ranked MMR.