How do these kids in championship leagues explain to their parents

#1bidoof01Posted 6/13/2013 8:39:22 PM
they want to play video games for a living?
---
Yes
#2CheezWhizXPosted 6/13/2013 8:40:24 PM
by showing them how 6-figures is common among LCS teams.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
League of Legends IGN: Vave
#3CrispyPimpPosted 6/13/2013 8:41:58 PM
I would imagine their parents would be happy to see their child doing something they truly enjoy for a living.
---
UMvC3: Sentinel/???/Dormammu
#4_Gamer_Of_Time_Posted 6/13/2013 8:44:40 PM
I would imagine their kid who is fresh out of high school making more than what they would make after going through years and years of university or college would quickly change a parent's perspective.

Not to mention people on the internet treat the pro players like legitimate celebrities. They get recognized on the streets. By all accounts, you can't consider them unsuccessful.

On top of that, it's obviously something that the person enjoys doing.
---
"What an idiot." - L This sig dedicated to: ShinyGible7
Pokemon White FC = 5414 9914 0481 (Time)
#5TomorrowDogPosted 6/13/2013 8:47:03 PM
The majority of this board actually thinks being a pro-gamer is a more stable career choice than being in the construction industry.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6CheezWhizXPosted 6/13/2013 8:48:54 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
The majority of this board actually thinks being a pro-gamer is a more stable career choice than being in the construction industry.

being a good pro-gamer is.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
League of Legends IGN: Vave
#7KangermuPosted 6/13/2013 8:52:05 PM
I would love for my sons to be able to earn a living doing what he loves professionally, be it landscaping, making burgers, trading stocks or playing video games.

As long as they are excelling at what they do, good for them.
---
Granted, I know very little about sex, but this really confuses me. Typical_SW_Fan
TEotH Stripes
#8Game ShowPosted 6/13/2013 8:54:33 PM
If they can make anywhere near what "normal" people make, why not?
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#9Elemental FusionPosted 6/13/2013 8:55:37 PM
That boy ain't right.
---
"You can kill a man, but you can't kill what he stands for. Not unless you first break his spirit. That's a beautiful thing to see."
#10KirbixPosted 6/13/2013 8:55:39 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
TomorrowDog posted...

being a good pro-gamer is.

Unless you're a Korean, the shelf-life of a pro gaming career is probably 5 years. Maybe a decade.

Not a bad way to go, but certainly not a lifetime career. At some point these guys will have to "start over". And where the hell do you start? What company hires a guy who spent the last decade gaming for a living.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus