Aatrox Build

#11negative4Posted 6/16/2013 8:37:13 PM
Man, just go read Umashi's post. I've been watching people test it out and everyone has done well with it. And I mean competent people, not Bronze baddies who don't know how to last hit.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#12WyrmcraftPosted 6/16/2013 8:49:41 PM
Man, aren't you a bundle of bandwagon. I know words might be really hard for you to understand, however if you do this wonderful little concept called math you'll find that a Hydra works just as well as a BotRK and its lets him splitpush even better than someone like Tryn.

Of course, that's silly because I'm a baddie who build AD on a guy with 2.2 AD ratios. Clearly I'm doing this so I can last hit easier and not make use out of the 110 extra free damage per spell rotation or so my W heals are even more powerful when I'm low.

Also, suggesting to split push and buying defensive items that allow you to splitpush is simply stupid, despite his incredibly high effective health granted when lifestealing. You shouldn't even split push at all, despite the fact that he is a wonderful duelist and literally built to shove lanes with his clear, escapes, and buckets of free stats; let's teamfight!

Clease, hah, why would you ever use a summoner other than ignite! And a QSS, man what a joke. Clearly I'm a scrub for suggesting something as radical as countering your counter or that after splitpushing for a while you might not need something like QSS to escape the inevitable 2v1 that will occur, which by escaping you've given your team a free 4v3 or to take another objective around the map.

Pah, what do I know about Aatrox, let's just go dive 5 people mid, aww man, I couldn't lifesteal enough to 5v1, what a weakling. And I lost lane too because I was too busy rushing my BotRK when they haven't even built health yet. Riotz buffz plz.

Choo, choo.
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
#13negative4Posted 6/16/2013 8:56:57 PM
You sound pretty mad about suggesting an awful build.
---
#14WyrmcraftPosted 6/16/2013 9:07:44 PM
Just tired of dealing with slack-jawed Band wagoners like yourself, not really angry. I'd have actually have written something long and scathing instead of simply snide.

Hopefully just putting out some useful information so at least a few people can play him the right way and stop being stupid about him. It's literally painful watching the bad aatrox's.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep cashing in on the freelo.
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
#15negative4Posted 6/16/2013 9:10:49 PM
Whatever works for you man. Don't fix what isn't broken.
---
#16TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:57:36 PM
So I've been playing nothing but laning against Aatrox counter picks(Riven/Irelia/Etc.) Things I found out:

1.Aatrox has no hard counter. None. He can go even against any top laner at this point because of his kit.

2.Against tough lanes with early game damage(RIVEN!!!!!) you can't start Doran's because she can zone you from the creep wave and thus your sustain. Cloth 5 or Regen 5 and max E.

3.Maxing E is sometimes necessary. You can all in 85% of the roster with Q+W at level 2 but for those you can't, maxing E for a couple levels is fine.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#17negative4Posted 6/16/2013 10:16:46 PM
How are you fairing against ranged? Quinn/Vayne, Teemo, AP tops (Ryze, Swain), etc.
---
#18TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:28:21 PM
Aatrox poops on ranged as does anyone with a Gap Closer and a Slow. The only one who gives him trouble is Quinn Level 1-2 because her blind and Q out damage your E+W, and Vayne because she can E away your dive in and then kite you to death.

Teemo can be frustrating but against him just max E and punish him from the brush. At level 6 you can out sustain his poison with your ultimate. Rush hexdrinker and he's done.

APs drop to Aatrox.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#19fuzzyslippers2Posted 6/16/2013 10:31:18 PM
I like taking Aatrox mid. Go DBlade and obliterate your lane opponent at level 2 with W proc + Q.

Started out doing an Assassin type build, but it's hilarious going tanky after BotRK, dive-bombing the carry in the back and watching the enemy team try to kill you once you swap to Blood Thirst when you get low.
#20zeppelin312Posted 6/16/2013 10:33:11 PM(edited)
TheConductorSix posted...
Aatrox poops on ranged as does anyone with a Gap Closer and a Slow. The only one who gives him trouble is Quinn Level 1-2 because her blind and Q out damage your E+W, and Vayne because she can E away your dive in and then kite you to death.

Teemo can be frustrating but against him just max E and punish him from the brush. At level 6 you can out sustain his poison with your ultimate. Rush hexdrinker and he's done.

APs drop to Aatrox.

elise tho
and kennen