i get mad when everyone starts talking about counter picks

#1Beech_tibsPosted 6/17/2013 7:39:06 AM
In the 3 years I've been playing and posting, I've only really seen a handful of actual counters. Teemo vs singed, Ap sion (old) vs short ranged casters. Ad casters vs low mobility mages.

I mean... Sure there are harder match ups but out of lane its usually not that big of a deal unless they snow ball. Any counters I forgot? Any insights into this counter phenomenon?
---
"waaaa waaa waaa idk what an executioner's calling is"-lightdragoon88
#2boredum555Posted 6/17/2013 7:43:08 AM
Some players think that if you counter pick then you will win your lane and make the enemy have harder team fights. If you are good with a counter pick then by all means take them. Otherwise if you don't care about counter picks, like some to most players, then play who you want and are good at. Most of the time its just noobs that want to sound like they're pros and actually have no idea that if you can counter pick, its not always necessary.
#3easymodexzPosted 6/17/2013 7:45:57 AM
Umm, Fizz versus TF?

Kassadin versus Karthus?

Malphite versus Jax?

Counter picks exist all throughout LoL. Deal.
#4XelltrixPosted 6/17/2013 7:50:31 AM
There are... A TON of counterpicks in League. There are also simple nullifiers that ust make the lane impossible for the other person to win but not necessarily be killed themselves. Like Galio v. most APs, for instance.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#5SpacefrisianPosted 6/17/2013 7:52:04 AM
Ah yes that time when team raged cause i picked Kayle toplane vs there Jax toplane, said i had countered myself....Than i continued wrecking Jax face due to me building differently than that Jax expected me to do.

Yes there are such things as items in this game you know.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#6XelltrixPosted 6/17/2013 7:54:12 AM
Failing to see how Jax is a counter to Kayle....
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#7xRustySpoonPosted 6/17/2013 7:58:05 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
In the 3 years I've been playing and posting, I've only really seen a handful of actual counters. Teemo vs singed, Ap sion (old) vs short ranged casters. Ad casters vs low mobility mages.

I mean... Sure there are harder match ups but out of lane its usually not that big of a deal unless they snow ball. Any counters I forgot? Any insights into this counter phenomenon?

I get mad when people who don't actually know what a counter pick is get mad at other people for talking about counter picks, neither of which actually understand anything.

The match-ups you listed aren't even counter picks. Teemo doesn't counter Singed at all, it's just a relatively bad match-up for Singed due to him being a true melee and Teemo being a ranged champion with decent right click damage because of poison.

Just because a certain champion does relatively well against another champion doesn't necessarily mean they're a counter-pick per-say.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#8shadow99226Posted 6/17/2013 7:59:30 AM
Counters exist. The people you play with/against might not know the matchups or how to play the champions well, but there are matchups that favor certain champs over others. You can't honestly think that all lanes are equal...
#9Walker_RealPosted 6/17/2013 8:00:28 AM
Maining a niche champ like Rengar will really teach you a lot about counter picks.

It's simple.

All-In -> Sustain -> Poke -> All-In

Your character will have certain values of each. Rengar's Q is all in. Rengar's W is sustain. Rengars E is Poke.

If their values in some way beat out yours, for instance, Yorick can manage to sustain my all in, poke me if I stay close to lane, and all in me if I try. Now, a burstier champion might beat him. A more sustaining champion might be able to farm and punish him. Etc.
#10Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 8:03:11 AM
shadow99226 posted...
Counters exist. The people you play with/against might not know the matchups or how to play the champions well, but there are matchups that favor certain champs over others. You can't honestly think that all lanes are equal...

It's not that they are equal... But counters in lane usually just make it marginally harder to play... Yet people assume counters win the game before it even starts
---
"waaaa waaa waaa idk what an executioner's calling is"-lightdragoon88