i get mad when everyone starts talking about counter picks

#21MikeSugsPosted 6/17/2013 10:34:16 AM
mgtonvac55 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...
In the 3 years I've been playing and posting, I've only really seen a handful of actual counters.

You mean you've only recognized a handful of counters because you don't fully understand the nature of counter-picking.

First pick Brand (or any mid laner that isn't Fizz) mid in your next draft/ranked game and see how that works out for you.

But Brand is just a bad hero, that's like asking someone to pick some other garbage hero and ask them to win.
#22CosmosYearsPosted 6/17/2013 10:39:34 AM
Bronze-Gold it doesn't matter, you can win by better mechanics by either surviving or even killing a counter pick.

In platinum and higher though counters really do exist and since players are better there's more of a chance for them to exploit counters.
---
LOL IGN: Aladair AKA best jungle NA
#23Almsivi1Posted 6/17/2013 10:46:31 AM
CosmosYears posted...
Bronze-Gold it doesn't matter, you can win by better mechanics by either surviving or even killing a counter pick.

In platinum and higher though counters really do exist and since players are better there's more of a chance for them to exploit counters.

This isn't completely true. Counters exist at all Elo brackets, they just tend to be less of a sure thing the lower the Elo because people are less skilled and don't always understand why/how x champion counters y champion and/or they have poor mechanics and can't take advantage. Still, even if you're better than your opponent you're going to have a more difficult time winning if he counters you.
#24CosmosYearsPosted 6/17/2013 10:52:23 AM
Obviously I don't mean 100% of the time, just what I've observed from having a silver smurf and a platinum main you can at least generalize to a degree.
---
LOL IGN: Aladair AKA best jungle NA
#25ZidaneTribaIPosted 6/17/2013 10:56:15 AM
The only counter picks I ever bother with are matchups I actually know really well (like picking Rumble against a Malphite because that is just ridiculously easy to win). Other than that counter picks are pointless because sure, it might be a favorable champion for you but that means nothing if you don't know how to play that champ or WHY it's a counter pick. I get annoyed whenever I'm in champion select and people ask "what champion counters that champion" instead of just playing what they're comfortable with.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
#26Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:57:55 AM
mgtonvac55 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...
In the 3 years I've been playing and posting, I've only really seen a handful of actual counters.

You mean you've only recognized a handful of counters because you don't fully understand the nature of counter-picking.

First pick Brand (or any mid laner that isn't Fizz) mid in your next draft/ranked game and see how that works out for you.

sit back and farm, wait for gank, proceed to still do well in teamfights
---
"waaaa waaa waaa idk what an executioner's calling is"-lightdragoon88
#27Almsivi1Posted 6/17/2013 11:00:03 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
mgtonvac55 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...

So you're not going to roam at all or be able to push the lane keeping the enemy mid laner there, meaning you won't gank either top or bot lane and the enemy mid laner will be free to do so.

A sound strategy, to be sure.
#28ZidaneTribaIPosted 6/17/2013 11:02:44 AM(edited)
Beech_tibs posted...
mgtonvac55 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...

Let me fix that for you:

Enemy team picks Leblanc, Zed, Fizz, Jayce or pretty much any other champion that goes mid these days and kills you somewhere between level 2 or as soon as they hit 6 because you're Brand who is easily counterable by anyone who has a decent set of mid champions. Or they're just going to roam and dominate the other two lanes while you're still there farming at tower.

And if you think you're going to sit at tower and farm against someone like Leblanc you've never played against a good one.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people." - Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
#29NicoGrimmPosted 6/17/2013 11:02:34 AM
Spacefrisian posted...
Ah yes that time when team raged cause i picked Kayle toplane vs there Jax toplane, said i had countered myself....Than i continued wrecking Jax face due to me building differently than that Jax expected me to do.

Yes there are such things as items in this game you know.

Thats a horrible example.
Kayle's the most versatile champion in the game, it's incredibly hard to counter her. Jax certainly doesn't.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#30Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 11:02:46 AM
Almsivi1 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...
mgtonvac55 posted...
Beech_tibs posted...

So you're not going to roam at all or be able to push the lane keeping the enemy mid laner there, meaning you won't gank either top or bot lane and the enemy mid laner will be free to do so.

A sound strategy, to be sure.

as long as there are proper wards it will be obvious when my presence is needed, but other than that roaming to another lane that isnt a counter becomes an option. also esspecally in mid lane keeping lanes pushed isnt very hard. lastly and most importantly lane swapping is still a thing yall, its its that bad just switch out.
---
"waaaa waaa waaa idk what an executioner's calling is"-lightdragoon88