That Master Yi Rework

#1WyrmcraftPosted 6/21/2013 9:51:20 AM
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/pbe-update-notes-new-riven-artwork-death-streak-qa-session-on-yis-rework-the-latest-sale-and-more-9964/

Holy crap, I can't wait. Giving Alpha Strike AD scaling is absolute madness and it's going to make him so incredibly powerful as a laner. This is going to make him totally viable...for the first time in a long, long time. Plus model clean-up and taunting while in meditate and Oh, this is just so exciting.

I can't wait!
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
#2luigi33Posted 6/21/2013 9:54:55 AM
ugh...this is going to suck.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#3mystic belmontPosted 6/21/2013 10:02:26 AM
I don't like the new look.

Why Yi needed a rework, I do not know. The guy is crazy powerful as is.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#4Wyrmcraft(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:05:50 AM
mystic belmont posted...
I don't like the new look.

Why Yi needed a rework, I do not know. The guy is crazy powerful as is.

Because he's old and ugly, obviously. His kit is a mish-mash of early league design faults and really has two completely polar playstyles that are both honestly pretty awful. AP Yi is an abomination that heals for way too much health and AD Yi lacks the tankiness or damage abilities to do anything but run at people and explode.

He's not Hiemer tier, but damn close.
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
#5luigi33Posted 6/21/2013 10:07:11 AM
What ever happened to the goddamn Shyvana kit rework? srsly, **** riot sometimes.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#6_HeXPosted 6/21/2013 10:11:15 AM
I don't like that they decided to scrap his AP potential and solely focus on AD. Yi has always been an AP champ in my eyes.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#7dotsdfePosted 6/21/2013 10:42:45 AM(edited)
The problem with Yi right now is that he essentially has 3 options for how he wants to play a match.

1. AP Yi. AP Yi revolves around sniping kills with Q while Highlander is up to keep getting resets, and is otherwise worthless to a teamfight as he'll Alpha Strike once and be worthless. It's slightly supplemented by ridiculous heal amounts, but any hard CC beats this.

2. AD Yi. In this case you're basically playing...Fiora? A team with any amount of focus or CC will melt Yi as soon as he gets anywhere near a team assuming he's fed at all.

3. Splitpush Yi. Essentially completely terrible unless you're pre-30 or something. He's basically shut down by teamwork, CC, or general map awareness. You're also splitpushing without being TF or Shen, so unless you have teleport, your team is looking at 4v5 teamfights.

Basically, current Yi is ridiculous easy to play but also pretty awful. He pubstomps a bit but any build he goes for has huge problems to it. I'm hoping that the rework makes him less braindead at least, though I do worry he might actually veer into moderately OP territory if the AD scaling on Alpha Strike is good at all.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#8Walker_RealPosted 6/21/2013 10:24:06 AM
I'm really pumped for it personally.

I'm going to guess I'll e-z-yi my way to Gold pretty fast,
---
God the Valiant
#9ShurikoPosted 6/21/2013 10:26:13 AM
In addition to this new feature, we’ve also collaborated with the Player Behavior team to drive a smaller change where we will be removing all latency (ping) displays except for your own. Through our studies on toxicity and ping displays, our data suggests that showing pings during loading adds more toxicity to games before they even begin. Ultimately we came to the conclusion that removing the ping display on champion load screens would lead to a healthier overall community, so we acted on it.

What a bunch of f***ing babysitters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/afuZgFv.jpg
#10SoulknightX0Posted 6/21/2013 10:50:35 AM
Shuriko posted...
In addition to this new feature, we’ve also collaborated with the Player Behavior team to drive a smaller change where we will be removing all latency (ping) displays except for your own. Through our studies on toxicity and ping displays, our data suggests that showing pings during loading adds more toxicity to games before they even begin. Ultimately we came to the conclusion that removing the ping display on champion load screens would lead to a healthier overall community, so we acted on it.

What a bunch of f***ing babysitters.

rip in pizza how will I call my friends brs when their ping spikes to 200.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/