I can't stand Dota 2 anymore I might move back to this game

#1count_hamsteinPosted 6/21/2013 1:14:13 PM
The Dota 2 players are just so bad (like how do you die 9 times by the 20 minute mark?!) and there's no sense of progression.

Like in 80% of my games nobody says anything. There's absolutely no teamwork involved, and I feel teamwork is more important than in LoL. Yet everyone just picks carries or assassins.

Then people all come off as tryhards, or brag about their skills. After every match some guy who plays a pub stomp champ and gets a good score says "commend me".

I mean, I like lots of things in Dota more than this game (items, finding custimization items after matches, heroes) but I wanna have fun. And I can't do that in Dota. It has probably the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways, what's changed in this game? I last played during the Halloween update in 2011.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#2Master_strikerPosted 6/21/2013 1:17:13 PM
that low priority queu eh

Cuz when i see and play with high priority guys, they only and only communicate with each other, and give tips etc

also league isn't that much better

solution? play both. don't be a pleb and play only one game.
#3__________poiPosted 6/21/2013 1:18:20 PM
ARAM, the best mode ever
---
http://i.imgur.com/s8XOg.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/Grizzlybarry
#4DaddyZeus67Posted 6/21/2013 1:20:54 PM
Incoming Dota fanboys demoralizing you for not liking a more "complex and hardcore" game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/meb4x.jpg
Basically every game, irregardless of system.
#5BiglabronPosted 6/21/2013 1:23:26 PM(edited)
Been playing dawngate, the game is really really good.

Downside is solo Q is worse than lol. The game has very deep mechanics that casuals or new to moba players will not understand or pick up before quitting out of frustration. This in turn ruins games for those who know what they are doing.

A leaver in dawngate is super impacting on your entire team compared to lol.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#6count_hamstein(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 1:25:48 PM
DaddyZeus67 posted...
Incoming Dota fanboys demoralizing you for not liking a more "complex and hardcore" game.

It really isn't all that complex. If you're good at LoL you'll do fine in Dota. People overestimate it cause most of the players try to act hardcore.

I do think LoL needs to allow denying towers though. Probably my favorite feature in Dota. Like if there's five enemies attacking your tower you can try to deny it and risk dieing or just run.
---
#7Suffer_NotPosted 6/21/2013 1:31:31 PM
I really liked Dota 2 a lot more 2 months ago, back when people were capable of saying something besides 'Well Played'. Playing it now a days is an oddly lonely experience. I would much prefer ragers who can also contribute to strategy than these mutes who can do little more than ping >__>

Actually I would prefer premades but I don't know enough people who play Dota and the Dota Boards are always dead.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#8gjvaquinoPosted 6/21/2013 1:33:37 PM
__________poi posted...
ARAM, the best mode ever

HERE! HERE!

I only play ARAM. I dnt play the other modes, just ARAM all the way, baby!
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#9count_hamstein(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 1:35:34 PM
Suffer_Not posted...
I really liked Dota 2 a lot more 2 months ago, back when people were capable of saying something besides 'Well Played'. Playing it now a days is an oddly lonely experience. I would much prefer ragers who can also contribute to strategy than these mutes who can do little more than ping >__>

Actually I would prefer premades but I don't know enough people who play Dota and the Dota Boards are always dead.

Exactly. In Dota 2 I feel like I'm playing with bots. Or Latin Americans, who just speak Spanish while in the English queue.

Like I have no problem losing, I just wanna have fun with other people.

In LoL people actually communicate. And seem to care less about winning. Or anything.
---
#10DarksteelPosted 6/21/2013 1:35:58 PM
count_hamstein posted...
The Dota 2 players are just so bad (like how do you die 9 times by the 20 minute mark?!) and there's no sense of progression.

Like in 80% of my games nobody says anything. There's absolutely no teamwork involved, and I feel teamwork is more important than in LoL. Yet everyone just picks carries or assassins.

Then people all come off as tryhards, or brag about their skills. After every match some guy who plays a pub stomp champ and gets a good score says "commend me".

I mean, I like lots of things in Dota more than this game (items, finding custimization items after matches, heroes) but I wanna have fun. And I can't do that in Dota. It has probably the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways, what's changed in this game? I last played during the Halloween update in 2011.

Do you seriously believe the LoL community is any better? Only real difference here is we have the "Tribunal" system, which is very hit or miss. LoL's community isn't exactly a shining beacon of humanity. If you like DotA's gameplay to LoL's stick with DotA. I've played both and honestly I think LoL's is a bit worse, though by not enough to be a deciding factor.

Bottom line: Just play what game you find the funnest and make use of that "ignore" option.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1