I can't stand Dota 2 anymore I might move back to this game

#11count_hamstein(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 12:39:36 PM
Darksteel posted...
count_hamstein posted...
The Dota 2 players are just so bad (like how do you die 9 times by the 20 minute mark?!) and there's no sense of progression.

Like in 80% of my games nobody says anything. There's absolutely no teamwork involved, and I feel teamwork is more important than in LoL. Yet everyone just picks carries or assassins.

Then people all come off as tryhards, or brag about their skills. After every match some guy who plays a pub stomp champ and gets a good score says "commend me".

I mean, I like lots of things in Dota more than this game (items, finding custimization items after matches, heroes) but I wanna have fun. And I can't do that in Dota. It has probably the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Anyways, what's changed in this game? I last played during the Halloween update in 2011.

Do you seriously believe the LoL community is any better? Only real difference here is we have the "Tribunal" system, which is very hit or miss. LoL's community isn't exactly a shining beacon of humanity. If you like DotA's gameplay to LoL's stick with DotA. I've played both and honestly I think LoL's is a bit worse, though by not enough to be a deciding factor.

Bottom line: Just play what game you find the funnest and make use of that "ignore" option.

I think Dota 2 is the better game but LoL has a better community.

Like I said earlier, playing Dota 2 I feel like I'm playing a single player game against bots.

At least in LoL having someone screaming about how bad his team is reminds me that there's other people there.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#12matthew2395Posted 6/22/2013 5:03:38 PM
I get more jerks in LoL because my rank is low :S
In DotA, there are jerks as well, just less since I moved up the ranks.

And I agree. Play both, so you don't hate one without having knowledge of it.
---
Super Mario 64 > Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2
#13Dark Shooting StarPosted 6/22/2013 5:07:00 PM
There's a report system in Dota 2 as well

Hell, Dota 2 even tells you when they ban someone because of your contributions LOLOL
---
LoL: Fashionistah // PSN: Fashionistah
Youtube.com/FashionistahGaming // Twitch.tv/fashionistahgaming
#14Gimpt3Posted 6/22/2013 5:08:00 PM
Does Dota2 have a surrender option yet? Last time I played, I was playing with one of my friends and we got completely stomped, but the enemy team just decided to mess around after that instead of just finishing it. And we couldn't surrender. It was really annoying and made me never want to play again (but I did a few times).
---
PSN: Gimpt
#15Dark Shooting StarPosted 6/22/2013 5:09:12 PM
Not really a surrender system but if one person ragequits, you're free to leave the game with 0 punishment.
---
#16Gimpt3Posted 6/22/2013 5:10:43 PM
Not really a surrender system but if one person ragequits, you're free to leave the game with 0 punishment.

Not enough for me, thanks.
---
#17Dark Shooting StarPosted 6/22/2013 5:12:06 PM
To each their own

Surrendering and losing is kinda the same to me. Having the option to not play out a 4v5 is fine for me.
---
#18Gimpt3Posted 6/22/2013 5:12:57 PM
To each their own

Surrendering and losing is kinda the same to me. Having the option to not play out a 4v5 is fine for me.

This I understand. But like I said, it was a case of the enemy team completely stomping us and proceeding to mess around for a good half an hour or more instead of finishing the game, which they could have done very easily multiple times. It's not fun to have to sit through that.
---