Question about clamping

#1iiTryhardPosted 6/23/2013 1:20:50 PM
So i'm at silver 1 right now, getting +5 lp for wins and -5 lp for loss. Does this mean i need to win 20 in a row to get to gold? How can i make that go away? Clamping is such a dumb concept
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL: iiTryHard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2T3h_4rb1t0rPosted 6/23/2013 2:30:24 PM
The Division I of any given league will always do this, its a large step up so riot is making sure you're ready.
---
george washington was in a cult , and the cult was into aliens, man. yea the founding fathers were way into aliens.
#3DrewdadruidPosted 6/23/2013 2:35:02 PM
you don't have to win 20 in a row. If you are only winning exactly 50% you don't deserve to move up. You can move up by win 2 lose 1, win 2 lose 1. You will be progressing even though it's slow, but you are progressing. If you are only winning 50% you can't expect to move up.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBtgt.jpg LOLIGN: DrewDaDruid
#4Supercuaco666Posted 6/23/2013 4:27:40 PM
Drewdadruid posted...
you don't have to win 20 in a row. If you are only winning exactly 50% you don't deserve to move up. You can move up by win 2 lose 1, win 2 lose 1. You will be progressing even though it's slow, but you are progressing. If you are only winning 50% you can't expect to move up.

I'm winning ~25 points per win and losing ~15 points per loss right now.
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#5JennaTahliaPosted 6/23/2013 4:59:13 PM
Supercuaco666 posted...
Drewdadruid posted...

I'm winning ~25 points per win and losing ~15 points per loss right now.

"You" means TC, not you. Everyone has a different MMR
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#6zodiac nightPosted 6/23/2013 5:31:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it's temporary.

Maybe after graduating to silver 1 you lost 2 games in a row or something, or went 1-3 and have lower MMR than someone in your division should have. Check your LoLKing and then check the other people in your division who have more points than you. Once you have similar LoLKing scores, your point gain/loss should go back to normal.
#7JinchusePosted 6/23/2013 5:33:35 PM
Go to the Quickfind website during one of your games and look at the MMR.

Gold V is generally 1500+ MMR. Look how far off from that you are and you have a good idea of how many more games you need to win.
#8DeadpooL7Posted 6/23/2013 5:38:58 PM
zodiac night posted...
I'm pretty sure it's temporary.

Maybe after graduating to silver 1 you lost 2 games in a row or something, or went 1-3 and have lower MMR than someone in your division should have. Check your LoLKing and then check the other people in your division who have more points than you. Once you have similar LoLKing scores, your point gain/loss should go back to normal.

Your LoLKing score is just a number based on where your tier. It not at all related to MMR. Its will always be the same for that spot. I was in Gold V with 0LP and it was 1500 cause thats the estimation... I lost 3 games and it never changed from 1500 cause I was still Gold V with 0 LP which is decides is 1500LKS.

Anyway its clamping you cause youve played almost 500 games... youre silver cause thats where you probably belong. It doesnt want you after 300 games of being Silver to get a lucky 5 win streak and make it to gold. Chances are at some point youlll get a win streak during 400 games.

Like ive played in both Bronze I and Silver I and never had clamping in beating either. I always got a minimum of 20 LP per win but it only played about 100 game total, I think 80 before I hit gold.

You also dont need to win 20 in a row... if you gain and lose the same you only need to win more than you lose. Win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1, win 1 is still gonna get you there.
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#9iiTryhard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 6:39:47 PM
The thing is, it's frustrating since I climbed from silver 5 to 1 in a short amount of time. (Even tho I got a ban somewhere in there)

I just did a lot of research an improved my game, and I think I can play at a gold level (when I duo with my gold friend I usually carry)

I guess I'll get there eventually if I belong there. Thanks everyone
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL: iiTryHard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#10Fenrir the WolfPosted 6/23/2013 6:45:18 PM
You'll get there. I fought the clamp for like a month but got through eventually.
---
And then John was a zombie.