Why do I keep hearing from console gamers that LoL community is horrible?

#1Scorpion122178Posted 6/25/2013 9:35:48 AM
Yeah, I recently built a nice PC and was frequenting the Xbone and PS4 boards just cuz I've been a console game for most of my life.

Anyway a debate got started over whose community is better for multiplayer and I said something along the lines of XBL has the worst on-line community because of CoD and they responded "Yeah? Well PC has LoL and that right there makes it worse than XBL and PSN combined." and bunch of people keep piling on that.

I've heard of LoL before never played it yet, is the community really that bad? If so why? Are people rude or is it filled with 13 year olds or something?
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#2zombie13579Posted 6/25/2013 9:39:29 AM
The community is pretty bad.. It's hard to find a decent person when you're playing random games.

However, the call of duty community is one of the worst I have ever seen. Especially in the pro scene, they act the same way they would when playing online
---
PSN: zombie13579 LoL ID: xZombie xD
Playing: UMvC3, Injustice, League of Legends
#3necroix05Posted 6/25/2013 9:39:42 AM
because it is.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
https://dotabuff.com/players/47991144
#4RyokoWinsPosted 6/25/2013 9:40:14 AM
Yes, the community is pretty awful. People take the game way too seriously. It's not even just 13-year-olds.
---
I am whoever I need to be.
#5MonkeymooXDPosted 6/25/2013 9:42:05 AM
Both of those and more. People take it waaaaaaaay too seriously and will tell you to die over a loss. Usually more than one.
#6MindersPosted 6/25/2013 9:42:14 AM
One of the major reasons I consider LoL to be a worse community is that compared to FPS games everything you do is a lot more reliant on your teammates. Your XP/IP/LP are all reliant on winning and winning relies on your team.

The players themselves are probably quite equal in douchiness but they feel more justified in raging on you for ruining their game whereas in a FPS they generally only care if you are killing them.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#7Brt83Posted 6/25/2013 9:42:56 AM
Am i playing the same game? I get like ONE awful person every 3 or 4 games in LoL... CoD would frecuently be something like 8 or at least 6 kids screaming their poor heads off...

Maybe its cause i try to be nice (DST and all that) and it rubs off on people?
---
Some people say I have no life. To those people: up up down down left right left right ;BA select start! Ding! 30 lives!!
#8Neo-ViolenPosted 6/25/2013 9:45:11 AM
It's pretty bad, but a little overstated at times. The original DotA community was even worse and I've run into some pretty bad players on the original Starcraft Battle.net servers a long time ago.
---
Have you seen any flying Gnorcs recently?
#9user420Posted 6/25/2013 9:46:54 AM
It's a PvP game where the company who created it has somehow manufactured it's own "pro" scene and pushes it hard.

It also has pretty defined roles and characters who only fit into certain ones, so if you want to play X champ in Y role but someone else beats you to it in champ select there is inter team conflict before the game even starts.

And with all the emphasis on competitiveness whenever someone makes a mistake they are huge targets for people to criticize.

It's a shame too because the game itself is actually a lot of fun, but these factors on top of the whole people are d-bags on the internet in general, you get an extremely toxic environment.
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
#10noone369Posted 6/25/2013 9:46:58 AM
I still remember the time i tried to play HoN.
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.