scarra is the best Diana in the world and I also think he is cute

#21CheezWhizXPosted 6/25/2013 2:58:56 PM(edited)
Detriiment posted...
1) The best mid player in NA is CLG L1nk. Stats don't lie, look him up, or just watch the NA LCS every week. He consistently plays well.

about that.

CLG Link on his blog
Real talk though after playing these games I still stand by the fact that I consider Regi to pretty much be the best at pressuring mid in NA. After that itís definitely mancloud. Everyone else just doesnít do as much unless someone is playing some broken faceroll braindead champion like khazix or zed

The only reason Regi's stats are worse than Link's is because Regi plays all-in dive champs like Kha6, Karthus, Twisted Fate, Kennen, etc. Link plays safe ranged farmers like Nidalee, Lux, Syndra, etc.

---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
League of Legends IGN: Vave
#22DetriimentPosted 6/25/2013 3:18:33 PM

The only reason Regi's stats are worse than Link's is because Regi plays all-in dive champs like Kha6, Karthus, Twisted Fate, Kennen, etc. Link plays safe ranged farmers like Nidalee, Lux, Syndra, etc.

He's just being humble, something alot of pro players are oblivious too. Regi is good at pressuring/shotcalling, but at raw, mechanical skill, Link is much, much better.

Regi works better with his team because he can tell them what to do (and since they are all so mechanically skilled) they listen, and it wins games. If you don't believe me, watch the last game Regi played vs Link in the LCS. Who beats who, you can judge yourself. Link is consistently great. Regi is good at shotcalling, but not actually laning/landing skillshots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefXG4bGVVY

Btw, Link was playing TF.
---
Enlightened rule by the dead is preferable to the misguided failures of the living. - Kinoc.
LoL IGN: Spicy Curry (Plat)
#23CheezWhizXPosted 6/25/2013 3:34:46 PM
Detriiment posted...
He's just being humble, something alot of pro players are oblivious too.

Link is one of the most arrogant players in the game. Have you followed him before he joined CLG?

Detriiment posted...
Regi is good at pressuring/shotcalling, but at raw, mechanical skill, Link is much, much better.

Raw, mechanical skill means nothing at an NA level. The gap between Regi and Link in pure skill can barely be considered more than a few meters while the pressuring ability and teamplay of Regi is miles beyond Link.

Link is consistent. Not consistently great, consistent. Regi on the other hand makes noticeable mistakes, but single-handedly wins games off the plays he does make, something Link has yet to grasp.
---
#24DetriimentPosted 6/25/2013 4:14:07 PM

Link is one of the most arrogant players in the game. Have you followed him before he joined CLG?

Raw, mechanical skill means nothing at an NA level. The gap between Regi and Link in pure skill can barely be considered more than a few meters while the pressuring ability and teamplay of Regi is miles beyond Link.

Link is consistent. Not consistently great, consistent. Regi on the other hand makes noticeable mistakes, but single-handedly wins games off the plays he does make, something Link has yet to grasp.

You're talking to me about arrogance when you're defending Reginald, quite possibly the most arrogant player in the game. This guy outwardly calls other teams trash. He told Dignitas they gave him the "easiest finals of their lives" in s2, and routinely talks smack on twitter and LCS interviews. He also cusses Curse, and said Cloud9 was "all hype," and proceeded to get smacked by them. Regi is probably one of the most foul-mouthed/toxic pro player in the scene, and you're telling me Link is arrogant? In comparison Link is a Buddhist monk.
Jesus Christ I don't even know how you can defend Reginald in terms of arrogance.

"Raw mechanical skill means nothing". Okay, I guess Doublelift sucks too then. Regi is hit or miss, I've seen him throw more times then I've seen him carry. His team does well because Dyrus/Xpecial/Oddone are the best in their respective roles in NA. He makes decent calls, and that's all I can give him credit for.

All in all, if you actually believe that mechanical skill means nothing, I have no doubt believing you're actually just terrible and a Regi/TSM fanboy, incapable of intelligent thought.
---
Enlightened rule by the dead is preferable to the misguided failures of the living. - Kinoc.
#25Wayavas(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:14:03 PM
people learn to read ):

nobody here is discussing best mid, stop ruining my topic
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#26CheezWhizXPosted 6/25/2013 5:58:00 PM
Detriiment posted...
You're talking to me about arrogance when you're defending Reginald, quite possibly the most arrogant player in the game. This guy outwardly calls other teams trash. He told Dignitas they gave him the "easiest finals of their lives" in s2, and routinely talks smack on twitter and LCS interviews. He also cusses Curse, and said Cloud9 was "all hype," and proceeded to get smacked by them. Regi is probably one of the most foul-mouthed/toxic pro player in the scene, and you're telling me Link is arrogant? In comparison Link is a Buddhist monk.
Jesus Christ I don't even know how you can defend Reginald in terms of arrogance.

Link called the Koreans overhyped during last summer, screamed and whined during scrims last LCS, and was acted like a literal child during his tenure on CLG Black/teamless. Maybe you didn't follow the scene back then, I don't know. But it was pretty clear over Twitter, forum chat, etc.

For the Dignitas situation, Scarra started it by talking trash about TSM on Twitter. Regi only responded in kind. As for cussing out Curse, they deserve it if you saw their interactions during LCS and how Saint is probably the most toxic pro player ever. You remember that incident where Xpecial told them they heard Curse's strats through the wall? Regi told them to go tell Curse. Curse would've probably kept it to themselves. And everyone believed Cloud 9 was all hype. Dig, Coast, Vulcun, numerous e-sport article websites, etc. were all calling them to start losing after first week. Regi wasn't alone in that belief.

The only blind person here is you. It's clear you know nothing more of Regi then what you see on the front page of GameFAQs and Reddit.

Detriiment posted...
"Raw mechanical skill means nothing". Okay, I guess Doublelift sucks too then. Regi is hit or miss, I've seen him throw more times then I've seen him carry. His team does well because Dyrus/Xpecial/Oddone are the best in their respective roles in NA. He makes decent calls, and that's all I can give him credit for.

Thanks for taking my quotes out of context.

Raw, mechanical skill means nothing at an NA level.

Numerous professional players agree that in terms of mechanical skills, generally they're all at a high enough level where it doesn't matter as much. The fact you said Doublelift adds to my point. He's the best ADC in NA? Is that why he's been outdueled in solo queue and tournament settings before? Is that why Nien and Turtle were far more consistent than him? The fact you call OddOne and Dyrus the best at their roles is also hilarious and shows how little you know of the scene. He's the best shotcaller in the scene right now and unless you're willing to disagree with Scarra, Link, Saint, etc. then he does a bit more than make "decent" calls.

Detriiment posted...
All in all, if you actually believe that mechanical skill means nothing, I have no doubt believing you're actually just terrible and a Regi/TSM fanboy, incapable of intelligent thought.

Oh please. I gave up on TSM after they barely beat CLG.Black at GESL and CLG at Anaheim and claimed to be the undisputed king of NA when they would've lost to Hotshot Jungle and Hazzard Top. I suggest you do a bit more than just read Reddit and Leaguepedia before you try and comment on the professional scene.
---
#27DetriimentPosted 6/26/2013 12:09:09 PM
CheezWhizX posted...

Link called the Koreans overhyped during last summer, screamed and whined during scrims last LCS, and was acted like a literal child during his tenure on CLG Black/teamless. Maybe you didn't follow the scene back then, I don't know. But it was pretty clear over Twitter, forum chat, etc.

Everyone called the Koreans overhyped. TSM themselves didn't believe the Koreans were worthy of praise until they got smashed @ s2 worlds. Almost all pros thought Koreans were overrated at the time, save CLG, who actually went to Korea to train with the people they perceived to be the best at the time.

CheezWhizX posted...

For the Dignitas situation, Scarra started it by talking trash about TSM on Twitter. Regi only responded in kind. As for cussing out Curse, they deserve it if you saw their interactions during LCS and how Saint is probably the most toxic pro player ever. You remember that incident where Xpecial told them they heard Curse's strats through the wall? Regi told them to go tell Curse. Curse would've probably kept it to themselves. And everyone believed Cloud 9 was all hype. Dig, Coast, Vulcun, numerous e-sport article websites, etc. were all calling them to start losing after first week. Regi wasn't alone in that belief.

That is pure nonsense, you're spewing out of your ***. You have no idea whether or not Curse would have told them they heard the strats through the wall, for all you know they could've done the exact same thing. While I admit Saint is extremely toxic, Regi isn't too far below him. He tries to act like a martyr, saying "He takes all the hate for the team." If he didn't insult/cuss his OWN TEAMMATES in PUBLIC, people would be less inclined to hate him."

CheezWhizX posted...

Numerous professional players agree that in terms of mechanical skills, generally they're all at a high enough level where it doesn't matter as much. The fact you said Doublelift adds to my point. He's the best ADC in NA? Is that why he's been outdueled in solo queue and tournament settings before? Is that why Nien and Turtle were far more consistent than him?The fact you call OddOne and Dyrus the best at their roles is also hilarious and shows how little you know of the scene. He's the best shotcaller in the scene right now and unless you're willing to disagree with Scarra, Link, Saint, etc. then he does a bit more than make "decent" calls.

Yes, I've heard solo queue is a great method with which to measure ones skill at a team game. Please, almost every pro player in the world acknowledges the fact that DL is the best ADC in NA. Wildturtle himself said he isn't as good as DL, and Nien has stated multiple times that DL is the best. Nien specifically said that if TSM ever had DLift, they would be unstoppable, after he saw the synergy Xpecial and him had together in lane @ allstars in China.

CheezWhizX posted...

Oh please. I gave up on TSM after they barely beat CLG.Black at GESL and CLG at Anaheim and claimed to be the undisputed king of NA when they would've lost to Hotshot Jungle and Hazzard Top. I suggest you do a bit more than just read Reddit and Leaguepedia before you try and comment on the professional scene.

Please, I've been watching LoL since WCG in season 1, when CLG was considered the best team in the world. Keep spewing garbage wherever you go, you seem to be really good at it. Reginald has been a toxic and drama-causing player since season1, when he was on team AoN, and was disqualified from WCG. Your ignorance is mind-boggling.
---
#28BarocratesPosted 6/26/2013 1:01:13 PM(edited)
You're talking to me about arrogance when you're defending Reginald, quite possibly the most arrogant player in the game.

I... wow, really?

He's not even the most arrogant player in NA, let alone "the entire game."

You don't have to like him, but at least if I were to actually watch a Reginald stream, I could go five minutes without hearing a nasally "This guy is TRAAAASH.... that guy is TRAAAASH.... team is TRAAASH... lots of TRAAASH in this game... TRAAAAAAASH", which is more than I can say for Saintvicious' stream.

Hell, doublelift is just as bad as saint as far as complete and utter disrespect of nearly anyone that isn't himself.

Heck, Vman7's not even on a pro team, but you can listen to him profess how much better he is than X pro player on a semi-regular basis.

I realize people generally hate Reginald, if not TSM in general, but saying Regi is the worst of the worst is a stretch even for hyperbole's sake.
---
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
#29CheezWhizXPosted 6/26/2013 3:03:15 PM
Detriiment posted...
Everyone called the Koreans overhyped. TSM themselves didn't believe the Koreans were worthy of praise until they got smashed @ s2 worlds. Almost all pros thought Koreans were overrated at the time, save CLG, who actually went to Korea to train with the people they perceived to be the best at the time.

Um, no. Are you serious? Pretty much everyone considered the Koreans the best region after they stomped TSM at MLG Arena and beat CLG.EU in OGN. Go watch TSM's vlogs. Chaox and Dyrus outright acknowledged Reapered and Jack were flat out better than them. That's what made them take a 12-13 hour day scrimming schedule. Despite this, there were multiple times where Link and a few others thought they weren't that great.

Detriiment posted...
That is pure nonsense, you're spewing out of your ***. You have no idea whether or not Curse would have told them they heard the strats through the wall, for all you know they could've done the exact same thing. While I admit Saint is extremely toxic, Regi isn't too far below him. He tries to act like a martyr, saying "He takes all the hate for the team." If he didn't insult/cuss his OWN TEAMMATES in PUBLIC, people would be less inclined to hate him."

Are you serious? Have you ever followed Saint on Twitter? He basically lied to everyone to save face after starting beef with Hotshot. Hotshot called him out, backed up by Dlift and Chauster on stream, and Saint CONTINUED to lie, while taking shots at Hotshot about having to step down. And please, name a single time where Regi insulted his teammates in public. GameCribs or Streams (and raging on stream hasn't even happened since TRM) don't count. Hell, whenever Regi does go off on someone, it's to get them to admit their mistake because all of TSM at the time kept shifting blame to other things.

Detriiment posted...
Yes, I've heard solo queue is a great method with which to measure ones skill at a team game. Please, almost every pro player in the world acknowledges the fact that DL is the best ADC in NA. Wildturtle himself said he isn't as good as DL, and Nien has stated multiple times that DL is the best. Nien specifically said that if TSM ever had DLift, they would be unstoppable, after he saw the synergy Xpecial and him had together in lane @ allstars in China.

Whether or not Solo Queue is a great method to compare skill, there have been numerous instances where Doublelift has been outdueled 1v1 on stream. The only factors in the fight being Liftlift and the ADC themselves. And no. Please point me where any relevant pro player has ever said Liftlift was the best in NA. I've heard Cpt. Jack, Pete, Imp, WeiXiao, etc. all call him a great ADC but never the best ADC in NA. Regarding to that Nien comment, that's only because of the insane synergy Xpecial and DL had. They'd be unstoppable because if they managed to create that kind of synergy within a few weeks, think of what they can do with months and years of practicing together.

Detriiment posted...
Please, I've been watching LoL since WCG in season 1, when CLG was considered the best team in the world. Keep spewing garbage wherever you go, you seem to be really good at it. Reginald has been a toxic and drama-causing player since season1, when he was on team AoN, and was disqualified from WCG. Your ignorance is mind-boggling.

The fact you call CLG the best team in Season 1 shows me you barely know anything about the League scene. Reginald may have been a complete ass back in S1, but that was several years ago. If you don't think he's grown up and matured, you're just being ignorant yourself. The fact you had to insult me only adds to your ignorance.
---
#30May916Posted 6/26/2013 3:05:51 PM
I've played with both saintvicious & reginaid on my team in both ranked 5s and ranked soloqueue.

Yes, they are both jerks but from my limited anecdotal evidence Reginald is by far the more toxic player in terms of general hatred, acidic, foul, **** spewing out of his mouth...

But then again, I am also better friends & like Andy more than stvicious so take that for what it's worth lol...
---
Lalene
LoL IGN: Empty Sphere