Topic 2: Diamond Discussions

#1SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 6/25/2013 4:17:33 PM
Rules:
1. Anyone from any tier/division is allowed to post questions to be answered.
2. Diamond/Challenger players are free to discuss, add information/facts, and answer any questions.
3. Enjoy, learn, and have fun^^

Current List of Diamond/Challenger Players:
angelwkw3
H4xDefender
IamtheKOG
ISamfisherI
Jay_Xee
KingKobo
Mattislegion
PhoenixNine
SeaIntotheSky
S84_The_Patch
The_Gizmo
Xxjudgement
xMikhalx

Goal: This topic is made for your central source of information from the top quality we have to offer. All of the members listed are very helpful!^^

PS: If any Diamond/Challenger players are missing from the list and you would like to be added, please send confirmation.
#2FlameLord23Posted 6/25/2013 4:18:04 PM
How to get better at harassing and trading in lane?
---
All these League girls... Where my B-words with B-cups?
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#3xSighxPosted 6/25/2013 4:27:15 PM
my biggest curiosity is what i should be doing after laning phase - i don't want to play reactively, and just wait for farm to push in to my remaining turrets, while taking the jungler's farm and warding invasion points. i want to play more aggressively - and make things happen to snowball my team (this is how games are won, more than anything else...whichever team gets on their back foot and is forced to their own base usually loses due to having no map control)

like do i buy oracle's even if im top lane and have everyone group with me and invade jungle until people run out of wards?

do i just try to siege a turret and hope my team has a smarter team fight if we get initiated on?

or do you just play passively and wait for someone to be out of position and try to capitalize on it?

and actually probably the biggest question is - how do you 'carry harder'? is this just an issue of, getting twice as fed as you were before, so you have more levels and gold and free farm, and using that gold advantage to do enough damage to actually just win the math game against the other team?

or...to put it simply...what are some things i should do..to make up for how bad my team is? XD
#4SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:32:57 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
How to get better at harassing and trading in lane?
Harassing is just memorizing and practicing your ranges(spells or auto attacks) and positioning. For the most part you want to play within a neutral zone which is a little behind the caster minions. This ranges changes more dynamically in top lane when you have melee vs melee though. A good start is to harass them when they go for last hits, since that cannon minion is so tempting. Tempting gold.

Trading is a little tougher. Since it trades damage. It comes down to experience. Especially since you have to factor in minions in the earlier levels. And how much damage your champion outputs compared to the enemy at the equivalent level. There is no rule of thumb for this since it comes down to experience. But a few tips to trading would be. Once you get an item advantage in lane if you backed first. If you have more sustain. If your burst damage is higher. An example would be Miss Fortune running up to Trist and auto attacking + Qing when she goes to last hit and then backing up, while Trist risks retaliating with her leap since it would commit too hard and take minion aggro, the most trist would be able to do is a possible auto(if she forgos getting the cs) into E.
#5SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:51:15 PM
xSighx posted...
my biggest curiosity is what i should be doing after laning phase...

If you have advantages after laning
-Look to speed up the game
-Take your turret and roam
-Gank other lanes(includes invading jungle)
*The easiest way is to shove your lane and roam to take out the next adjacent lanes turret and sweep the map like that. This works especially well after your turret has gone down. You only need to back into your lane to shove it and roam again. This helps speed up the game as the main objective is the nexus, the turrets help you closer to the goal and the global gold will help you snowball.

Barons/Dragons are some of the throw traps.
The ONLY reasons to take them are
-When you can freely take them
-When you are looking to force a favorable fight(Lureing etc.)
-Breaking stalemates(You cannot push into the enemy base without the extra power, this is the risky one)

If you were at a disadvantage while laning
-Look to recuperate your loses. This means farming it up. Catching people out of position etc.
-Only make a risky play if it means a huge potential gain. This could catch you up in a single or few plays. For the most part you will want to play safe.
-Try to sneak objectives

Notes:
Oracles is used for total map dominance. Through a majority of the game it is not needed. You will want to deward the key areas(baron/dragon/gank areas) first and the rest come at convenience(when you actually run close to the area). It is a time waster if you grab oracles to try and search for every ward location.
#6ryanaPosted 6/25/2013 5:04:02 PM
What are your thoughts on Ashe for soloque?

Generally I go Vayne or Varus for ranked, but it seems whenever I ADC in normals I always pick Ashe. For some reason I find her fun, and I find that between her range, permaslow, and utility of E and R she is actually quite effective.
#7dennis941012Posted 6/25/2013 5:08:06 PM
xSighx posted...
my biggest curiosity is what i should be doing after laning phase...

If you have advantages after laning
-Look to speed up the game
-Take your turret and roam
-Gank other lanes(includes invading jungle)
*The easiest way is to shove your lane and roam to take out the next adjacent lanes turret and sweep the map like that. This works especially well after your turret has gone down. You only need to back into your lane to shove it and roam again. This helps speed up the game as the main objective is the nexus, the turrets help you closer to the goal and the global gold will help you snowball.

Barons/Dragons are some of the throw traps.
The ONLY reasons to take them are
-When you can freely take them
-When you are looking to force a favorable fight(Lureing etc.)
-Breaking stalemates(You cannot push into the enemy base without the extra power, this is the risky one)

If you were at a disadvantage while laning
-Look to recuperate your loses. This means farming it up. Catching people out of position etc.
-Only make a risky play if it means a huge potential gain. This could catch you up in a single or few plays. For the most part you will want to play safe.
-Try to sneak objectives

Notes:
Oracles is used for total map dominance. Through a majority of the game it is not needed. You will want to deward the key areas(baron/dragon/gank areas) first and the rest come at convenience(when you actually run close to the area). It is a time waster if you grab oracles to try and search for every ward location.

screw oracle
I already buy around 20 vision ward per game anyway
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwNvWsbJKQ
#8SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:38:09 PM(edited)
ryana posted...
What are your thoughts on Ashe for soloque?

Generally I go Vayne or Varus for ranked, but it seems whenever I ADC in normals I always pick Ashe. For some reason I find her fun, and I find that between her range, permaslow, and utility of E and R she is actually quite effective.
Ashe is a situational pick, still strong. She has gained some momentum since the meta changes to barrier as a standard summoner spell and life steal quints.

Personally I like ADC's with escapes or stronger DPS but that is just due to my playstyle. I have seen many players use her successfully. I also haven't used her after her passive change so hopefully someone else can comment on her.

(EDIT: That Arrow!! So good!!)
#9JennaTahliaPosted 6/25/2013 5:44:58 PM
How do I get 2 diamond?
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#10CyberSlasherXPosted 6/25/2013 6:34:48 PM
JennaTahlia posted...
How do I get 2 diamond?

by not being bad or get carried all day. or both like me
---
League of Legends: lilkamikazi