does playing bots make you better

#1Greenfox111Posted 6/28/2013 8:09:34 AM
is playing bots as effective as playing real people when trying to get better?

I told my team one time that I'm really bad and they said "Then why are you playing PvP?"
and I said "because its the only way to get better"
and they said "meh"
---
current game obsession: League of Legends
Add me I'm bad. ign Greenfox111
#2txrdriftkingPosted 6/28/2013 8:12:37 AM
Bot games are good for trying the effect of different items, builds and such (this includes custom games.)
They're also good if you want your First Win of the Day in the easiest way possible.
---
"Crushes are dime-a-dozen. A good friend is forever."- photonrider
#3mystic belmontPosted 6/28/2013 8:15:13 AM
Yeah, i try it for different builds.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#4Lord_WoobiePosted 6/28/2013 8:19:29 AM
Playing with bots only makes you better for the first 10 levels or so, and then again at level 20-30 when you need a friendly environment to learn to jungle.

Bots are easy to dominate entirely in lane. Intermediate bots actually are scary late-game, but you usually beat them by the 20-minute mark anyway.

Most pvp games will not be like bot games since bots don't jungle, use unusual team comps, are much better at reacting to human movements, and have highly predictable behavior (e.g. are easy to bait). They teach you to be reckless and focused on your own stats, rather than the whole of the team. Therefore the amount of stuff you can learn from bots is extremely limited.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#5TheDarkNerdPosted 6/28/2013 8:39:52 AM
So long as you make it a point to focus on your mechanics during the bot games, you can, hypothetically, improve them just as well playing against bots as playing against other humans. There are other things to learn from playing against humans, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#6XcZeus3469Posted 6/28/2013 8:48:31 AM
Lord_Woobie posted...
Playing with bots only makes you better for the first 10 levels or so, and then again at level 20-30 when you need a friendly environment to learn to jungle.

Bots are easy to dominate entirely in lane. Intermediate bots actually are scary late-game, but you usually beat them by the 20-minute mark anyway.

Most pvp games will not be like bot games since bots don't jungle, use unusual team comps, are much better at reacting to human movements, and have highly predictable behavior (e.g. are easy to bait). They teach you to be reckless and focused on your own stats, rather than the whole of the team. Therefore the amount of stuff you can learn from bots is extremely limited.

basically this. Builds and basic mechanics are what youll get out of bots. otherwise you need humans because our strategies are far different from bot AI
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
#7jbkb1084Posted 6/28/2013 8:52:37 AM
It can teach you to avoid skill shots because they are insanely accurate on intermediate bots
---
GT: MachineGunJoe84 currently playing ME 3 MP Kingdoms of Amalur World of Warcraft League of Legends: Sizzlesaurus
#8Emo Preppy KidPosted 6/28/2013 8:52:42 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
basically this. Builds and basic mechanics are what youll get out of bots. otherwise you need humans because our strategies are far different from bot AI

FOR NOW.......
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#9holyknight14Posted 6/28/2013 8:55:13 AM
You can't improve past a certain point unless you play PvP. Anyone who says that PvP isn't for learning is a fool. You learn something every game you play and it's the only way to get better.
#10insanekamiPosted 6/28/2013 9:48:58 AM
Not particularly. Starting off and understanding the core basics of the game, maybe. But actual improvement just go into PvP. If worried about smurfs, usually past lvl 10 would stop but best way is just to PvP or find someone willing to teach you.