does playing bots make you better

#11dotsdfePosted 6/28/2013 10:52:25 AM
It's good for trying new characters/builds and getting your first win of the day bonus. Past that it only really gives you bad habits. You can only learn proper positioning, teamfighting, etc. by playing against people.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#12ryanaPosted 6/28/2013 10:53:17 AM
You can use bot games to practice your last hitting in lane, but even then it won't reflect the pressure you will face in a real game.

Better than nothing though.
#13omgnarahaxPosted 6/28/2013 11:09:53 AM
Well this slightly disheartening as a new player. Most advice I'd seen is go for bots, don't touch actual PvP. I'm not even level 10 so I can suppose it doesn't mean much. Although I will agree it does make you fear ezreal skillshots as I've seen the ai be ridiculously accurate and predictive of human movement.

I was curious if intermediate equated to some level of regular human play to a degree.
---
Don't get mad, get Glad. Then suffocate your problem away.
#14ryanaPosted 6/28/2013 11:13:50 AM
omgnarahax posted...
I was curious if intermediate equated to some level of regular human play to a degree.

I'm pretty bad at this game, a bronzie. But if I don't go at least 20-0 in an intermediate bot game, I'm sad.
#15OMGWYATTPosted 6/28/2013 11:23:11 AM
I play bots to try out different builds strategies and new champions to get more comfortable with them. Even practicing skill shots.

It's probably a great way to learn how to play support as well.
---
XboxLive: Riotsquad18
#16easymodexzPosted 6/28/2013 11:28:55 AM
The only useful things to learn in bot games are basic jungle mechanics for your jungler, or practice dodging 100% accurate skillshots on reflex.