If Riot made every champion free, would you be against it?

#1yamas11Posted 7/2/2013 2:23:42 PM
Would you dislike all champions becoming free? - Results (321 votes)
I would DISLIKE having every champion became free
50.16% (161 votes)
I would LOVE having every champion became free
49.84% (160 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's a weird question, but I know some people who would quit LoL if everyone became free. They really do enjoy having something to work towards.
---
This is my sig
#2tacoslayer89Posted 7/2/2013 2:25:03 PM
I wouldn't quit.

But if I was just getting into the game there is no way I would want to keep playing.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#3Lord_WoobiePosted 7/2/2013 2:28:33 PM(edited)
I don't think I'd like it. What's the point of getting IP if you can only spend it on Runes?

If all champs were free and we could spend IP on skins, that'd be a very different story.

Except then I'm pretty sure Riot would go broke. D:
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4DartkunPosted 7/2/2013 2:29:06 PM
Granted I already have everything unlocked...

SUFFER LIKE I DID MAGGOTS

lols
---
GameFAQs where mods are allowed to troll
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#5aHappySackaPosted 7/2/2013 2:30:03 PM
No, it has to be something I can use when I bash this game.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#6xbombrPosted 7/2/2013 2:31:04 PM
I think the availability of every champion would be great, but it would seriously hurt Riot's ability to make money off of the game.

Champions are the biggest way that Riot actually does sell power. You can make a case that the champions are reasonably balanced and that you can win games without spending a dime on the game, but having a deeper and more diverse champion pool has many benefits such as draft trading and opening up better counterpick options. I do think champions are an acceptable form of selling power because the impact that it has is fairly small and the gap can be closed by playing the game regularly.

The reason I bring this up is because people who do not care about cosmetics, would have no reason to purchase RP if all champs were free.

I also would not want everyone owning the new champion the week it comes out and ruining ranked games with them. Having the IP/RP system in place at least cuts down on the chance that someone will ruin a ranked game with a hero they have never used before in the first 24 hours of the hero's existence.
---
FAIL WAR! Let's do it! I'll warn you... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! - Deprece
#7kratospwnsnoobzPosted 7/2/2013 2:33:46 PM
No, because there is a sense of progresion to play and unluck mroe champions
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#8earthmaster3Posted 7/2/2013 2:51:17 PM
Maybe just one free week rotation where everyone is free, but I wouldn't like it to be permanent. Arams that week would be INSANE
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#9ineedaname88Posted 7/2/2013 2:53:35 PM
earthmaster3 posted...
Maybe just one free week rotation where everyone is free, but I wouldn't like it to be permanent. Arams that week would be INSANE

You mean ARAMs would drive you insane with all of the dodgers..... good luck getting a game <.<;
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#10Xshortguy007Posted 7/2/2013 3:39:58 PM
No. I don't want players to suffer from choice overload. Players should play rotated champions until they find a few that they like, and then use those champions. Variety is the spice of life, but too much spice is never a good thing.
---

http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/ or www.dianahacker.com/rules