Next support: Lux or Sona?

#1advancewarsnutPosted 7/2/2013 6:22:01 PM
OK, so I've played a bunch as Janna and have found that, while her Q is delicious and her ultimate is great for saving badkids from getting piled, she's just way too passive for me. If my ADC is bad and feeds, there really isn't anything I can do to compensate besides go support mid, which did result in a win all two times the mid didn't start whining about it, but more often than not just gets me flamed by both the mid and the ADC.

Thus, I've started looking into supports that can actually do damage. I tried Kayle as a support once (which was probably a terrible idea) and played her like a support until the Ezreal I was supporting decided to all-in Miss Fortune twice in a row and died immediately both times, after which I told him to roam and stole his CS until he raged and went to go bother mid. I wound up going legendary and carrying the game, which makes me think Kayle isn't exactly a support champ.

So I wound up trying out Lux for a few games last week, and completely dominated in all of them with an AP build with nothing more than shield ADC into stun/slow target(s) into R to secure/killsteal. I got yelled at multiple times for killstealing but most of the victims would've escaped had I not ult'd them so I just ignored it. I really do like running Lux, but she seems more like a mid champ than a support, and I already have Annie almost optimized for mid...

And this brings me to Sona. Played a few rounds as her earlier today and... wow. Lulzy damage at level 1 plus easy-mode spells and a kill-securing ult. It's literally just "follow the ADC around and play whatever they need and occasionally hit a sour note and blow some fellow's eardrums out," which to me is the greatest thing ever.

So I'm torn between Lux and Sona as my next support. Gamefaqs, make my decision for me!!!

>________________________________________>'
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
#2DangaardPosted 7/2/2013 6:24:46 PM
If you want a support, Sona. If you want a mid who can function as a support but rather poorly if built actually support, choose Lux. If you want a mid who can function as a support and still do a bit of damage while buildling actual support, choose Zyra.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#3Nasada19Posted 7/2/2013 6:26:48 PM
Sona.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#4DaGreatOnelolPosted 7/2/2013 6:27:48 PM
Sona...ultimate support is Thresh though.
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX
#5advancewarsnut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:00:57 AM
Bump.
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
#6MonkeymooXDPosted 7/3/2013 11:05:13 AM(edited)
Well, I play a lot of Janna, but I can't stand playing Sona. However, I don't like Lux support at all, so Sona if it must be one of those two.
#7Beech_tibsPosted 7/3/2013 11:05:31 AM
dont play lux support plz
---
"waaaa waaa waaa idk what an executioner's calling is"-lightdragoon88
#8ryanaPosted 7/3/2013 11:05:58 AM
Next support? Sona

Next support that doesn't work as a support outside of scrub league? Lux
#9Final_HatsamuPosted 7/3/2013 11:08:38 AM
Sona.

Lux support is fun but she's not really a support and using her in solo-q is a bad thing and you should feel bad if you do it o.o
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#10nomorePosted 7/3/2013 11:10:49 AM
Sona! She is an assist machine.

When I adc I find nothing worse than a lux (or nidalee) support. In general they are terrible.

If they try and build damage then they sacrifice what they are there for, supporting.
Less wards, less friendly auras, etc.

And if you try and build damage, you will inevitably fall behind because of it.
Supports are usually underlevelled, and unless you do pull off a lot of kills, you won't have anywhere near enough gold to be a real threat.

It's not that she can't be effective.
It's just she is better in a solo lane, and Sona is better as a support.

Having said that, if you find lux fun, go for it!