Is it worth it to just show up at a lane as jungler just to add some pressure?

#1Ultraknight64Posted 7/3/2013 8:45:00 AM
Say there's little to no chance you can kill or even damage the enemy laner, but your own laner is at half of his health and struggling to even cs.

Do you show up to add some pressure?
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
<Official topic-ender of GameFAQs>
#2easymodexzPosted 7/3/2013 8:47:22 AM
Of course. However, if you can't even damage the enemy laner, are you really applying any pressure?

A successful gank is pretty much determined by whether or not you force the enemy to burn more resources (usually summoner spells, sometimes measured in potions) than your team, minus the time spent by you to visit the lane.

If the enemy laner is putting on heavy pressure to your laner, then simply showing up can be good enough to relieve some of that pressure so your teammate can get a level or two and get abilities they need to stabilize the lane.
#3zhe_king_of_apePosted 7/3/2013 8:47:32 AM
It is definitely worth, you see even see junglers in the lcs do it
---
LoL IGN: TheMinecrafter12
Best ADC Main GFAQ
#4MIG297Posted 7/3/2013 9:01:00 AM
easymodexz posted...
Of course. However, if you can't even damage the enemy laner, are you really applying any pressure?

A successful gank is pretty much determined by whether or not you force the enemy to burn more resources (usually summoner spells, sometimes measured in potions) than your team, minus the time spent by you to visit the lane.

If the enemy laner is putting on heavy pressure to your laner, then simply showing up can be good enough to relieve some of that pressure so your teammate can get a level or two and get abilities they need to stabilize the lane.

If you push the lane and deal damage to the enemy turret then yes, you are applying pressure.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#5HonzouPosted 7/3/2013 9:13:22 AM
Just by keeping the enemy from getting gold is enough pressure, cause you are allowing ya laner to get free gold.

Applying damage to the enemy is just a bonus, but doing this somewhat constantly is a bad hing since you delay ya self (jungler) in getting gold, exp, and losing time for your build.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#6Plague1503Posted 7/3/2013 9:43:52 AM
ye do it as much as possible in downtimes
be sure to get some lane tax if your dont get a kill or assist tho
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]