I have a theory that Riot releases champions in an OP state

#11MilanBarcaPosted 7/3/2013 5:16:27 PM
I wouldn't say Aatrox is considered a joke. There is no real consensus in that half of the community is screaming OP (as is the case for every release) while the other half says he sucks.
#12DeadpooL7Posted 7/3/2013 5:17:26 PM
Voidgolem posted...
List of champions this year:

-Aatrox (considered a joke)
-Lissandra (underplayed by a lot)
-Zac (debatable)
-Quinn (Joke but definitely usable despite that)
-Thresh (OP, but not for damage)

Yep thats the thing... people only remember the OP champs.

About 3 months ago when people complained about this I made a list of all champs released in teh last year and very few were nerfed in comparison to how many were buffed for their first change. If you actaully look at all releases Riot come out with more UP than OP and then buffs them.
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#13BelligeroPosted 7/3/2013 5:22:34 PM
The issue with Aatrox is what you see all other melee carries of his caliber go through.

Strong if he gets ahead, and able to stomp low elo people and instakill a lot of people when far ahead.

Has hard time if he doesn't get ahead and build the damage he needs.
#14shadyelfPosted 7/3/2013 5:56:25 PM
elise needed several buffs in a row before she was considered banworthy.
kha'zix also received a few buffs, and the state of the game when he was released was not favorable to him (s3 changed that).
---
?
#15DarkemastePosted 7/3/2013 5:57:25 PM
khoaNGx posted...
Apparently the new champion's skill set has no CC at all and will be purely focused on damage.

Interesting, I'm even further convinced the new champion is going to be an assassin.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
League of legends sig: http://www.leaguememe.com/page/meme/id/3467/sort/all/type/1