I'm on a roll with Sona, how should I feel?

#1cubajoe21Posted 7/5/2013 9:46:56 AM
I'm still unranked, but have been getting better every game. I'm normally second best if not first best on my team. There were some streaks where I lost ten games in a row due to me trying new characters and bad guides.

But i've been hearing about Sona ever since I started playing. I tried her this free week and have been carrying through support Sona. I have had some dumb ADC's of course and going against a two non support bottom hasn't been fun. I still think I can at least go Silver I once I get ranked with her. Is this an attainable goal? Or does she really do bad in ranked play at low levels?

IGN: ricojose
---
5'8'' 230
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73447502@N04/8243445070/in/photostream
#2Comeatmebro2709Posted 7/5/2013 9:48:29 AM
be aggressive with her q.
#3PhoenixEgg88Posted 7/5/2013 10:03:17 AM
Sona is awesome! Love her power chords and dat ult! Is just stupidly good. Pair it with someone like ez and you have great poke and sustain.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#4AXjpacPosted 7/5/2013 10:08:02 AM
feel amazing.
---
For now,
This is The-World-Seven / End_of_Day. Honk if you <3 Sona_Buvelle.
#5XcZeus3469Posted 7/5/2013 10:35:37 AM
dirty. using sona is cheats
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
#6samuricexPosted 7/5/2013 10:49:43 AM
I wouldn't start with ranked as soon as you hit 30... But yes, Sona is great and extremely viable through all levels.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#7djprofessork1Posted 7/5/2013 11:14:07 AM
Comeatmebro2709 posted...

Yeah but sometimes poking with q doesn't work.
1. You steal minion kills and push the lane.
2. Their support will a lot of the time out-damage you
3. If their ADC hits you even once you're probably screwed, if Caitlyn hit you with a headshot it literally takes 50% of your life and most adc's can kill you in 3-4 autos
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#8Chargers_31Posted 7/5/2013 12:12:59 PM
I just started using Sona this week because she's free (still not level 30, so I haven't played many champs), but damn. She's become my new favorite. I'm 5-1 with her so far, with the only loss coming because of a 4v5. But honestly, I don't even know how she scales late game because every time I've played her the other team has surrendered within 20.

That Q is just so strong.
#9samuricexPosted 7/5/2013 12:48:56 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
Comeatmebro2709 posted...

Yeah but sometimes poking with q doesn't work.
1. You steal minion kills and push the lane.
2. Their support will a lot of the time out-damage you
3. If their ADC hits you even once you're probably screwed, if Caitlyn hit you with a headshot it literally takes 50% of your life and most adc's can kill you in 3-4 autos

1. If you're not screwing up your Q over and over then this is no big deal at all. An easy way to guarantee your Q is to auto attack an enemy champion, then as soon as your attack flies you hit Q and it will hit the same target pretty much every time.

2. Sure, if you're dueling. You have to poke and sustain, and because you have both you should win in the long run.

3. You can't win every match-up. You just have to know the picks.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana