I need to win 2 in a row for my promo series to Silver...

#1XialohPosted 7/6/2013 12:12:13 PM
Lost my first game because we were simply outplayed. Lost my second game because after I willingly called support, 2 people still insisted on going top and picked Jax and Lee. After Jax silently agreed to mid and gave Lee top, Lee fed first blood to gangplank before minions even spawned, then afk'ed at level 3. No one even said anything to him.

Anyway, won my third despite a Jarvan support. Now I need to win 2 more games in a row. While I thoroughly expect to lose (either for my own shortcomings or one of the trolls I see every 2nd or 3rd game it seems), which of these champs do you think I've got the best chance of carrying with? Preferably at least one for each role since no particular role is guaranteed in ranked.

http://i.imgur.com/PnYsc0a.jpg

I'm aware of the 'the one you're good at' rule, but I intend to practice some champs before going in for my last two anyway. I'm also semi willing to purchase Fizz or Kassadin. Also worth noting that I will be avoiding jungle at all costs.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#2omega bahumatPosted 7/6/2013 12:30:14 PM
Jarvan support works remarkably well against the unprepared
#3RoboZygoPosted 7/6/2013 12:38:43 PM
Jayce
Draven
Hecarim
Nami
Vi
Riven
---
Black FC: 5414-9910-5999
#4Xialoh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 2:14:41 PM
omega bahumat posted...
Jarvan support works remarkably well against the unprepared

I suppose. Unfortunately I was also unprepared and we almost lost lane for it. Didn't help that he only bought 1 ward and didn't even stand in the bush. But it worked out so w/e.

RoboZygo posted...
Jayce
Draven
Hecarim
Nami
Vi
Riven

Hmm. I'm assuming here that you skipped mids, unless you're saying to go mid Jayce/Riven. That aside, does look strong. I'm only any good on Jayc, Nami, and Riven though. I'll have to put in some practice for the others.

Any other recs?
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#5Soldier3rdClassPosted 7/6/2013 2:39:55 PM
Zed and Kha Zix will work well. Trynd is a nice top pick since most don't know how to deal with him and you'll probably be able to have complete control of the top side of enemy jungle at that rank.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#6cheezy123Posted 7/6/2013 2:45:20 PM
Just play lee jungle and faceroll your way to gold. Lee in low elo is like stealing candy from babys.
---
LoL - Macrolol / ibi Gudder
Steam - AlfredofromSD
#7Xialoh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 4:39:56 PM
Just jumped into my next ranked on impulse. Ended up first pick and went Blue Ezreal. I went 11-1-4, so one more game and I'm into Silver. I'm debating whether or not to try for blue ez again or go for something more solid. Part of me just knows I'm going to end up in a troll match though..

Soldier3rdClass posted...
Zed and Kha Zix will work well. Trynd is a nice top pick since most don't know how to deal with him and you'll probably be able to have complete control of the top side of enemy jungle at that rank.

Trynd isn't an option atm, but more than that I hate him (I'm one of those people that doesn't know how to deal with him >_> I ban him if I'm first pick top..). Kha'zix was strong last I played him, but that was pre nerf. seems hes doing well with his new Q or something though. I'll give him a go.

cheezy123 posted...
Just play lee jungle and faceroll your way to gold. Lee in low elo is like stealing candy from babys.

Looks fun, but also looks extremely high skill cap. That ward hopping thing would never work for me sadly, but I'll hopefully have him learned when I'm working on promos in silver, heh.
---
#8xSighxPosted 7/6/2013 4:41:31 PM
praying 4 u
---
Copy/paste this in your sig if you support Sona!
#9Chrikke666Posted 7/6/2013 4:45:15 PM
Don't play what you're good at, per se.

Play what you think are fun champions. Anyone can play a champ twenty times and become good with them. You need to be able to play a champ two hundred times without becoming bored of them. You'll get good by default, and over time you'll become amazing.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#10Vaynard5Posted 7/6/2013 4:58:38 PM
Chrikke666 posted...
Don't play what you're good at, per se.

Play what you think are fun champions. Anyone can play a champ twenty times and become good with them. You need to be able to play a champ two hundred times without becoming bored of them. You'll get good by default, and over time you'll become amazing.

Patently false but a good take on giving it the ole college try. If only repetition in this game bestowed amazing mechanical tactical or strategic skill - we'd all be in bronze.
---
LoL IGN: Vaynard5