I Used to be a good support... Wth happened?

#1HappyDude69Posted 7/7/2013 11:30:05 AM
So in my rise to 30 I used to play ALOT of support. It was always open and I found making plays preferable to getting a good KDA. Then after 30 I started to focus on mid and jungling. Problem being, now I'm getting back into support, I suck hard.

My thresh is useless, I only land like 60% of my hooks during a good game. And my kayle just seems like I throw my life away over and over. I still make plays for sure, but I'm not sure if they're not good enough or just not noticed by my team.

So what should I do to get back into the swing of support? New champions? Treat all the ADC's I play with as bad? And advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
---
"if i was a women i would kill myself so i would never have the chance to sleep with you" ~Cloneslayer
#2Blarg92Posted 7/7/2013 11:32:55 AM
Isn't 60% hooks enough to win a game easily? You should only need to land one to win your lane. Maybe you're grabbing the wrong targets?
---
Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be.~Office Space
#3HappyDude69(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 11:46:15 AM
Blarg92 posted...
Isn't 60% hooks enough to win a game easily? You should only need to land one to win your lane. Maybe you're grabbing the wrong targets?

That's entirely possible. I think the big problem with laning is now that I'm in a higher mmr, the lanes are a lot tougher. But I'm unable to coordinate well with my lane partner.
---
"if i was a women i would kill myself so i would never have the chance to sleep with you" ~Cloneslayer
#4JackDaniels1964Posted 7/7/2013 11:48:02 AM
Blarg92 posted...

i have a 90% grab chance as blitz, but i mostly grab tanks
---
Who has swagger?
I has swagger, i swagg :^()
#5DolethorPosted 7/7/2013 11:50:24 AM
Kayle isn't a support.
---
Frankly my Dear... let's get married again.
#6KirbixPosted 7/7/2013 11:51:23 AM
I'm tagging this, because I've asked the same question (although admittedly I was never good to begin with) and so far no one has provided solid advice.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#7NykzaPosted 7/7/2013 11:53:13 AM
Your opponents probably just got better imo
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#8iXCelticXiPosted 7/7/2013 11:55:24 AM
Dolethor posted...
Kayle isn't a support.

Ummm.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#9TekuninPosted 7/7/2013 12:06:31 PM
As Thresh it's not about how many grabs. It's the important ones. Ganks and catching the ADC when the support is separated is key. I barely use Q. Enemy forgets about it and quickkly remembers when the opportunity shows up.
---
In Soviet Matrix, Spoon Bends You!
#10KrKABUT0Posted 7/7/2013 12:09:27 PM
iXCelticXi posted...
Dolethor posted...
Kayle isn't a support.

Ummm.

Kayle is godawful as a support and doesn't deserve to be tagged as one.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.