How is Irelia built these days?

#1DarkDisastorPosted 7/8/2013 5:59:21 AM
With items like BotRK, new Wits End and the Spirit of Ancient Golem what's the best build order for Irelia atm ?
---
The first rule of any game - You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
#2l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 7/8/2013 6:08:17 AM
You build situationally. Generally Irelia should only have two damage items.
---
Knicks City
#3Tro77TroPosted 7/8/2013 6:08:48 AM
Build whatever you want so long as you have Manamune and Thornmail in there.
---
'Valvrave is literally a high-school-life mech-pilot undead vampire body-switching Lord-of-the-Flies musical romance war story IN SPACE show.' -Rage of Thor
#4DiplomacySCPosted 7/8/2013 6:13:20 AM
Straight Assassin: TriForce, BotRK, Zephyr, Guardian Angel, Lucidity
Massive tanky: Frozen Mallet, Wit's End, Randuin's Omen, Warmog's, Merc's

And then anything in-between, with situational items depending on the enemy team and your own.
#5ryanaPosted 7/8/2013 6:27:30 AM
Pick two of triforce, botrk, zephyr.

Then tank items.
---
I have a sig so I can use caps lock
#6kainxkixirPosted 7/8/2013 6:32:05 AM
Go mid with her. She stomps most mids. Can get most of them to <50% in one trade at level 3.
---
I am paranoid.
#7Black_AssassinPosted 7/8/2013 6:50:17 AM
I personally wouldn't get Wit's anymore these days unless there's AP divers like Leona or Diana who can follow you. BotRK instead.
---
lowercase
#8DiplomacySCPosted 7/8/2013 7:09:44 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
I personally wouldn't get Wit's anymore these days unless there's AP divers like Leona or Diana who can follow you. BotRK instead.

If you're building primarily as a tank, with one damage item, Wit's is still the best single damage item for Irelia.

However, for 2+ damage items, a combination of Trinity, Ruined King and Zephyr is ideal.
#9wantfastcarsPosted 7/8/2013 7:17:32 AM
I usually build Sheen > Phage > boots > TF > boots 2 > stinger > defensive item > upgrade to zephyr > defensive item > defensive item. I almost never build FroMal if I built a TF, despite the fact that the health and the AD boost are nice, it's wasting the Icy passive on the TF and basically it means you built two Phages.

Like that one guy said, though, I hadn't considered building a Manamune on her. That would give a lot of Q spam, which would be nice, and a good AA enhancement for when your W is active, but it seems like not enough reward for how long it would take to build it.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#10DarkDisastor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:52:45 AM
Manamune and Thornmail build will never die will it.

So Wits End and TF is still a viable build? Sweet. Would Spirit of Ancient Golem have a place on her, with the Tenacity and health and all ?
---
The first rule of any game - You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.