Lets settle this debate once and for all (Zed players get in here)

#1Dwhite_1Posted 7/9/2013 12:29:32 AM
ok, the day old question since the dawn of time itself

does zed rush a botrk or a BT first?

list the pros and cons of each, and we shall settle this debate tonight (or tomorrow if everyone on gfaqs is already asleep)
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 7/9/2013 12:36:11 AM
it depends

BorK = better single target damage. For situations in which you want to play Zed for exactly the role he was intended, reach a priority target and erase them.

BT = better sustained DPS. For situations in which 1 target you want to take out isn't an option (If the enemy team has Kayle for example) or everyone on the enemy team is too durable (say their ADC is Urgot) and they have a tanky comp in general. Helps you do more damage through your Q and E and provides a boost to R as well because of that. Makes you do more throughout a fight and makes you stronger when your R is on CD.

Both have their purposes. Eventually in a 6 item build most of the time you will want to have both anyways. Usually you should get BorK first but going BT first is fine.
#3Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 12:57:55 AM
i swear gcube is like the only one that responds to my posts at 1 in the morning...

that and hes the only one that really lists anything helpful and isnt trolling

common guys i wanna hear some more opinions from zed players. or is this just gonna have to get reposted tomorrow when everyone is awake
---
#4wthamidoingPosted 7/9/2013 1:01:04 AM
why aren't you rushing stakkik shiv?
---
I'm really attractive. Believe it.
#5ShyGuySayPosted 7/9/2013 1:01:40 AM
I'm here, I'm just bad and shouldn't give advice.
---
Worst LoL Player NA.
IGN: Shyguysay
#6thisisboris2Posted 7/9/2013 1:01:51 AM
never get wiggles lantern as it creates light this getting rid of your shadows
---
Eu is best anime character http://i.imgur.com/0iTaY.jpg
LoL IGN:TheCakeIsNotAPie; Created Fergleblast & Rihoof Pls
#7Susan0Posted 7/9/2013 1:12:26 AM
Dwhite_1 posted...
ok, the day old question since the dawn of time itself

does zed rush a botrk or a BT first?

list the pros and cons of each, and we shall settle this debate tonight (or tomorrow if everyone on gfaqs is already asleep)

Bork whenever possible, since the active gives much need burst, the ability to shred tanks with ease and chasing potential, when your slow isnt enough to lock them down for your ultimate burst. The items that build up to BorK are relatively cheap and easy to get, but, BotRK does not increase your AD by much, about 25~ AD (iirc), therefore your passive doesn't make it more cost efficient.

Bloodthirsters are generally a luxury item, sometimes if I have about 1.6K gold on my first back, I'd generally get a BF sword and rush it, since my lane is either a farm lane or a complete and utter stomp.
It gives great sustain and dramatically increases your AD since it scales with your passive, making it more cost efficient

Problem with bloodthirster is, you have 1 less chasing/burst tool, and the component , BF sword is expensive and would take some time farming for.
---
Akali wa watashi no ninja no waifudesu~
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2e3brS2TV1r569y6o1_500.gif
#8GainazzoPosted 7/9/2013 1:15:17 AM
How does botrk give more damage? Imo get botrk when you have enough damage to kill your target but want that movespeed to keep up with them.
#9natchu96Posted 7/9/2013 1:15:59 AM
thisisboris2 posted...
never get wiggles lantern as it creates light this getting rid of your shadows

You need light to cast a shadow.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#10Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 1:21:34 AM
haha well for 2 trolls at least there was a good answer in there. thank you

so it seems as though most people rush a botrk on zed more often than not

thats usually what i do since i like the burst it gives as well as the att speed for back dooring or just dueling with people

reason why im asking this is because im wondering if the huge ad bonus you get from bt is around the same burst ratio as a botrk active, or at least close to it, since all your spells will be hitting a hell of alot harder from +70-100AD instead of +25
---