Jayce nerf

#11ZedPowerPosted 7/10/2013 12:08:25 AM(edited)
Dualitypain posted...
He was stupid strong before muramana, and broken upon release of it. I think he'll be fine.

Yeah, this. I like Jayce, I play him, and I can look at these nerfs and think, welp, makes sense. Really no problem here.

Having no-cost transforms proc mana stacking was really dumb to begin with anyway. This should almost qualify as a bugfix.

---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#12SlaynPosted 7/10/2013 12:27:38 AM
I suck at Jayce and I really hate going against him.

I like this change.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#13natchu96Posted 7/10/2013 12:29:26 AM
ZedPower posted...
Dualitypain posted...
He was stupid strong before muramana, and broken upon release of it. I think he'll be fine.

Yeah, this. I like Jayce, I play him, and I can look at these nerfs and think, welp, makes sense. Really no problem here.

Having no-cost transforms proc mana stacking was really dumb to begin with anyway. This should almost qualify as a bugfix.

Meanwhile, Nidalee tear stacking is the least affected because most of her stacking came from spamming pounce to get to places.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#14DualitypainPosted 7/10/2013 1:29:41 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
muramana brought jayce back, well that and other season 3 items.

but he was dead for a period after his monster presence in season 2

He was never dead. They slapped him on the wrist and everyone declared "trash". All they did was add 20 mana to gate so he has some mana issues early if he wanted to spam gated balls, and then took off the base damage from the knock back. You could call that making him trash, but it still does 8-20% of the target's MAXIMUM health as magic damage PLUS it has a 1:1 AD ratio. It still hits like a truck.

Like I said, Jayce was never dead. He was always stupid strong, and will continue to be even after this nerf. He'll be fine.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#15SlaynPosted 7/10/2013 1:40:12 AM
natchu96 posted...
ZedPower posted...
Dualitypain posted...

Meanwhile, Nidalee tear stacking is the least affected because most of her stacking came from spamming pounce to get to places.

Since it doesn't cost mana, not sure why they don't take that away as well.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#16Game ShowPosted 7/10/2013 3:21:39 AM
Slayn posted...
natchu96 posted...
ZedPower posted...
Dualitypain posted...

Since it doesn't cost mana, not sure why they don't take that away as well.

I somewhat agree, but mostly I think it's just more evidence that they need to rework her kit to be like Elise and Jayce ie transform at level 1 and mana costs for cougar abilities
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#17KinzuPosted 7/10/2013 4:06:48 AM
Very much needed nerf. Jayce was the #1 champion in the game if you could play him well. He had insane long ranged burst with a lot of ways to disengage fights. He can also speed up his entire team with the gate for engages or disengages.

A Jayce able to lane well and land Accelerated Q's could carry games a bit to easily even if his team was doing poorly.

This nerf will lower how often he can spam that burst while not taking it away or nerfing the damage on it. It also prolongs how fast he can stack a tear, but that nerf goes to everyone. I'm glad Riot finally realized how Muramana was way to strong and easy to stack for it's cost.