Cannot patch/play game.

#1Skystrike70Posted 7/10/2013 1:49:26 PM
Hey guys. I'm completely new to League of legends and a friend told me this was the best thing ever, so I picked it up and started downloading. I was told it would be worth the long download/install....

But anyway, I downloaded the installer perfectly fine about 2 days ago, and when I ran the installer it slowly patched to 33% on the top bar, and the bottom bar completed and went to step 2/2 with no progress. I let it run overnight hoping it would fix the issue, but nothing changed, except a graphical glitch that said both bars were 99% before backtracking to 33 and 0%.

I tried a ton of various solution and fixes posted on the Internet and the support site for Lol, but nothing worked. Although strangely enough, one time it actually finished patching and let me "play", but then it said something about version being insufficient, something along that meaning. So I restarted the launcher and the same loading errors happened...I've been trying for the last 2-3 days to get this game working and I really want to get this game working so all my time won't be in vain....I can only wonder though, WHY, oh WHY, can't they just let me download an already updated installer for Lol instead of having to download both installer AND patch D: ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---
Why is it called 'common sense' when it is so rare these days?
#2Alakazam_fanPosted 7/10/2013 1:50:56 PM
That sounds like quite a problem...

I'll try and find out what your problem is after I finish my game in League of Legends that's incredibly fun to partake in.
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#3Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:52:51 PM
Alakazam_fan posted...
That sounds like quite a problem...

I'll try and find out what your problem is after I finish my game in League of Legends that's incredibly fun to partake in.

Don't get my hopes up lol (LoL).
---
#4Gimpt3Posted 7/10/2013 1:53:46 PM
How long exactly was this "overnight" that you let it run? Honestly, I think the problem is just your patcher taking an incredibly long time. The going from 99% to 33% multiple times happens a lot (at least to me it does). Just have to let it do its thing.
---
PSN: Gimpt
#5Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:59:01 PM
Well, I dwonloaded the installer for the first time at about 5 pm, ran it successfully, tried to play the game, it made me patch, and the patch went on overnight (from about 11pm to 10:30 am when I woke up).

After that was unsuccessful I tried numerous fixes, etc. that didn't work, and ran it for a similar length of time again last night...and all this afternoon...and right now.....
---
#6Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:04:20 PM
In fact, as of this very moment, I'm running it again and it is currently at a slow but steady increase at 12%, and the details on the bottom bar (which is at 39% and rising apparently) it says BIN_0x00000000 perpetually...
---
#7Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:06:55 PM
(sorry for triple post)

My firewall is off, btw.
---
#8VoidgolemPosted 7/10/2013 2:10:20 PM
just let it sit. A fresh install's going to have a bunch of stuff to grind through.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqe4eqRA0v1qflc3ro1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qhlgoAC.png
#9NoobletXiiiPosted 7/10/2013 2:10:52 PM
It's shouldn't be anything serious, this happens to me every update, sticks at 33%, but not for THAT long. I just wait a few minutes and it keeps moving.
#10Skystrike70(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:16:53 PM
Ok, I guess this time I just won't stop it when it hits 33% and doesn't budge for hours on end :P

Anyway, but I'd still like to know why the installer wasn't already updated to begin with. Is it just lazy devs or is it some technical whatnot that requires both an install and update successively? It just don't make no sense.
---