Tips to playing ARAM effectively

#11gvandalePosted 7/10/2013 6:20:45 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
tips on health

This is spot on. Also a tip from me:

When retreating to your turrets after a lost teamfight (you're lone survivor), grab the health packs whether you need them or not. Not allowing them to heal off your packs can either delay their push or open a window for you to dunk one of them.

Also, mid/lategame don't Rambo a 1v4 as soon as you spawn. Play defensively until your team respawns.

Lastly, it's ok to play a support champ as a support. Last night went like 1/3/47 as Janna. My team LOVED me, and the enemy hated me.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#12PrintScreenKey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:21:18 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You focused on all of this stuff (which isn't even right by the way, if you get 3 champs with poke regardless of the rest of the team comp you'll win) but didn't focus on health-pack management at all? People being excessively stupid with health pack management / usage / trapping are why I lose a lot of my ARAM games.

Not true at all.
3 poke champions is not a good composition.
If the enemy team has the ideal composition they will win because of the following reasons:
- Their sustain will counter the poke
- Their tank will have high health regen
- When level 6 comes, they will get aced from a strong initiation combo.
#13WyrmcraftPosted 7/10/2013 6:24:04 PM
Wrong, the poke comp will have already poked the enemy team down to the point where they will lose their level 6 fight despite the ultimate advantage.

As long as the poke comp can poke and clear the enemy team stands 0 chance
---
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
#14PrintScreenKey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:29:16 PM
Wyrmcraft posted...
Wrong, the poke comp will have already poked the enemy team down to the point where they will lose their level 6 fight despite the ultimate advantage.

As long as the poke comp can poke and clear the enemy team stands 0 chance

Sorry you have no idea how wrong you are.
Guess you've never seen the ideal composition played by good players.
It's terrifying unless your team also has a strong composition.
#15tlalynet0Posted 7/10/2013 6:43:53 PM
VyseZero posted...
I re-roll garen because if they have enough cc it is very difficult to initiate since he doesn't have a blink gap closer.

So they blow their CC on the tank...

Them having lots of slows is a non issue since he can cleanse those.
#16gvandalePosted 7/11/2013 6:19:21 AM
TC is so lost its laughable.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#17HagenExPosted 7/11/2013 6:30:54 AM
ARAM is serious business.
#18EscaSyraPosted 7/11/2013 6:49:10 AM(edited)
Poke comps don't always win. If you get a good poke comp versus a good heavy engage comp it's a tossup.

It's not fun having a poke comp and enemy team has 2 or 3 of either Warwick, Leona, Malphite, J4, Xin, Nasus, or heaven's forbid, a Blitz tossed in there.

I'm more scared of an enemy team having 2 or 3 of those that actually build a little tanky and maybe an assassin than I am of a poke comp with 1 tank.

Well, that is if people on my team can actually dodge the pokes somewhat, and if that poke comp doesn't include Jayce >_>
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#19Man_from_UnclePosted 7/11/2013 7:58:02 AM
I'm getting fairly good at ARAMs now, and if our team rolls either a 2-3 poke, plus tank (ideally Mundo) plus a support (ideally Sona); or a more traditional composition as the TC suggests, I feel pretty confident.

When the team rolls all/mostly melee, that's when I worry.

Certain characters are always a good sign though. Nidalee is supreme, Mundo is awesome, Morgana is surprisingly effective and if there's someone playing a Mast Yi who knows what they are doing, they can turn a close fight into a rout.