So how's the new Draven passive?

#11Gimpt3Posted 7/11/2013 2:10:50 AM
One of my major complaints about it, is if you get so late into the game that you have all your items. If you reach that point, it becomes utterly useless.
---
PSN: Gimpt
#12SumSmartDooodPosted 7/11/2013 4:16:26 AM
I doubt the extra gold you get from it will translate into nearly as much damage as his old passive added.

It also makes his end-game 6 item build much weaker.
#13Fenrir the WolfPosted 7/11/2013 4:23:25 AM
Gimpt3 posted...
One of my major complaints about it, is if you get so late into the game that you have all your items. If you reach that point, it becomes utterly useless.

Zilean suffers the same fate once he and his allies hit lv18. Other champs hit similar walls with their passives too. And it's only reasonable in Draven's case since it serves as a snowball mechanic for him. By definition it should have diminished value late in the game.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#14SmithyQPosted 7/11/2013 4:30:21 AM
I don't understand this complaint of "when I reach uber lategame I essentially don't have a passive." Zillian has been around forever and is in the same boat. Twisted Fate as well. If anything, the passive means you get to lategame faster than other ADCs.

It's like saying, "I never died as Kogma/Anivia/Zac so I'm essentially playing without a passive." Oh the horror, you never died. Better buff you! Oh no, Draven has a full six item build! Better buff him!
#15KeepItCivilPosted 7/11/2013 6:41:46 AM
SmithyQ posted...
I don't understand this complaint of "when I reach uber lategame I essentially don't have a passive." Zillian has been around forever and is in the same boat. Twisted Fate as well. If anything, the passive means you get to lategame faster than other ADCs.

Well, I don't know about buffing him, but it'd be interesting if Zilean could get a new passive when everyone reaches level 18. Say, "Wisdom's reward: Zilean has increased mana regeneration and 10% CDR."
---
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/4/2/4/43424.jpg?v=1
To Carl Barks.
#16Ravid182Posted 7/11/2013 6:52:38 AM
I like it in theory. You can get a nice chunk of gold bonus on an AD which I say is far more valuable than his lets be honest was a weak damage over time.

The damage over time just kinda added into the lane dominance which was overwhelming anyway, and still pretty much is still. I would rather take extra gold on my ADC [and in a fun way!] than something that just adds into an already overwhelming force. It is like when you have a bucket of sand, and you remove a grain of it. You still have a massive bucket of sand!
#17Yossarian42Posted 7/11/2013 6:56:22 AM
KeepItCivil posted...
SmithyQ posted...

Well, I don't know about buffing him, but it'd be interesting if Zilean could get a new passive when everyone reaches level 18. Say, "Wisdom's reward: Zilean has increased mana regeneration and 10% CDR."

rofl don't even talk about buffing Zilean that guy is scary even when no one plays him.
#18RixMaadi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:32:12 AM
necroix05 posted...
RixMaadi posted...
Just as useful as his old passive in a different way?

lol what?

do you like not understand the game at all?

Did you not understand what I meant?
#19DarkemastePosted 7/11/2013 8:50:11 AM(edited)
Lol he essentially doesn't have a passive in ARAM, so it hurts him pretty bad in this gamemode.
I can only imagine how much this hurts him in Dominion.
Don't think he's hurt as much in TT though, then again adc's are generally outshone by bruisers in that map. :p
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
League of legends sig: http://www.leaguememe.com/page/meme/id/3467/sort/all/type/1
#20TomorrowDogPosted 7/11/2013 8:55:52 AM
ya why would you play a champion that has a useless passive in 60 minute games im never playing drayvon again
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert