You now get a one day free trial of a champ of your choosing once a month.

#1rpgslavePosted 7/12/2013 6:07:30 AM
Good idea or bad? I imagine for those that have all the champions already it doesn't matter. It could even just be 3 games or something.
---
Procrastinators meet tomorrow.
#2Dota2Posted 7/12/2013 6:12:27 AM
no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/i1uM16yz5kbFr.gif
#3AC_DragonfirePosted 7/12/2013 6:23:15 AM
I'd like this. No new champions that have been released in the past 2-3 months.

3-4 games with trial champion. only lasts 1 day one per week.
#4WebBowserPosted 7/12/2013 6:24:39 AM
This... is probably one of the better ideas that I have seen in some time.
---
"A thing to know if not it looks in while his memory is done is difficult." Jr.
#5iPWNtheNoobsPosted 7/12/2013 6:46:23 AM
Actually a good idea.
---
Space Waster
#6iPWNtheNoobsPosted 7/12/2013 6:46:54 AM
Since some people can just go on PBE but really, why not give other people the same opportunity.
---
Space Waster
#7rpgslave(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 6:54:33 AM
The idea came to me because I'm level 19 and saving all of my ip on runes despite having a lot of champions I want to try. Perhaps there could just be 3-4 trial games that aren't tied to any particular champion? Thus you could split these trials between multiple champions to see which one you like? I feel like this would give a much easier answer to any "Which champion should I buy?" topics. They could simply use their allotted trials to try them out, and then make a decision afterwards.

They give you 400 rp upon reaching level 3, which is enough to make an on-sale champion seem like not that much money. I know it's extremely tempting for me right now with Zyra on sale. If I had a chance to try her, I would spend the money in a heartbeat. It would be similar to a free sample in my opinion. I don't think it would big enough to hurt their business, and could possibly bring in more of it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the idea though haha.
---
Procrastinators meet tomorrow.
#8iuykytrPosted 7/12/2013 6:55:08 AM
Make it work like the TF2 weapon trial system and it'd be a brilliant idea. New champs can't be tried out until 2 weeks after release and you can try one champ a week for 7 days and after you get a % discount on said champ.
---
" i got a big bag of crabs here, and ima put em in my mouth"
#9natchu96Posted 7/12/2013 7:00:32 AM
Well, with this then I wouldn't have to wait months for a free week to test something that's not an ADC. ADCs repeat like crazy, but the rest can disappear for half a year without going free . . .
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#10PhoenixNinePosted 7/12/2013 7:06:01 AM
Doesn't matter who you buy everyone is the same anyway.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~