why are you playing league of legends instead of dota 2?

#111MlREFOXPosted 7/18/2013 8:17:36 AM
Also, CHA, since by your logic stat variance in two different games with arbitrary number counts as an objective reason Dota 2 is better, would LoL become better if they wrote in a 3x multiplier to make all their stats different arbitrary numbers?
#112MlREFOXPosted 7/18/2013 8:24:51 AM
djprofessork1 posted...
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...
Warlock rip-off for ultimate.

Lol, dont you know Warlock's ultimate was taken from Warcraft 3 DreadLord hero?

But you couldn't buy a hat for him in WC3........
#113Ultima_Weapon33Posted 7/18/2013 9:04:38 AM
MlREFOX posted...
CHA, do you even think you would have Dota 2 if LoL never existed?

http://www.playdota.com/forums/blog.php?b=264

This is called doing research. It's something us intellectuals do from time to time.

Since you aren't one, it's no surprise you haven't heard of it.

djprofessork1 posted...
Warlock rip-off for ultimate.

Lol, dont you know Warlock's ultimate was taken from Warcraft 3 DreadLord hero?

A moot point as it's a mod of the game, of course it's going to use the resources. And dreadlord summons had permanent immolation and magic immunity afaik and different spells/were melee, not at all like their DotA counterpart.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#114Ravagestorm1Posted 7/18/2013 9:16:42 AM
I played Dota 1 for 7 years, I wanted something new so I switched to LOL.
#115MlREFOXPosted 7/18/2013 9:36:21 AM

This is called doing research. It's something us intellectuals do from time to time.

So what's your point? This happened a year after LoL was announced, and following all the hype LoL got in publications like Game Informer. If you're trying to prove that Dota 2 was some independent decision, maybe you should eat your snarky words and do your own research.

Or perhaps you were pointing out that three and a half years ago IceFrog promised exciting stuff, then delivered the exact same game with a new engine to distract the people that are easily distracted by sparkly new things.
#116MlREFOXPosted 7/18/2013 9:45:02 AM
CHA:

DotA 2 is the objectively better game.

Their heroes are designed better Subjective
Better graphics Subjective
better musical scores and cues Subjective
better voice acting Subjective

And because it wins most clueless argument of the year award, I'll quote it again:
more variance in hero stats (There's a 30 ms variance in League heroes, 60 in DotA)

Hahahahahahahahaha. And Togepi is better than Cloud Strife because it has higher base attack. Since we're using arbitrary numbers to compare two different games, the argument is as sound as yours.
#117Ultima_Weapon33Posted 7/18/2013 9:58:45 AM(edited)
MlREFOX posted...

So what's your point? This happened a year after LoL was announced, and following all the hype LoL got in publications like Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/league_of_legends_clash_of_fates/b/pc/archive/2010/07/23/this-dota-clone-is-faithful-to-a-fault.aspx

"It's too bad that Riot Games didn't take more chances with League of Legends,"

LOL

Oh, Mirefox. You're so cute.

Also a majority, if not all of the things you listed are not subjective. For example, League of Legends has a single track played throughout the game, whereas DotA has cues for events such as Smoke of Deceit and Roshan fights, as well as seperate laning and later-game music.

That is not subjective. It's obviously a better system.

I would go into more depth, but you're Mirefox.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#118MlREFOXPosted 7/18/2013 11:03:34 AM(edited)
MlREFOX posted...

So what's your point? This happened a year after LoL was announced, and following all the hype LoL got in publications like Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/league_of_legends_clash_of_fates/b/pc/archive/2010/07/23/this-dota-clone-is-faithful-to-a-fault.aspx

"It's too bad that Riot Games didn't take more chances with League of Legends,"

LOL

Oh, Mirefox. You're so cute.

Also a majority, if not all of the things you listed are not subjective. For example, League of Legends has a single track played throughout the game, whereas DotA has cues for events such as Smoke of Deceit and Roshan fights, as well as seperate laning and later-game music.

That is not subjective. It's obviously a better system.

I would go into more depth, but you're Mirefox.

More does not equal better. More mediocre music tracks don't automatically make them better. More processing power doesn't make the ugly game actually look better. You seem to have an inability to understand what subjective and objective mean. The only thing you can say objectively about the music is that there are more tracks. The only think you can say objectively about the graphics is that it requires more processing.

And nice job deflecting, by the way. You didn't like the facts, so you decided to change the conversation to review score. You could be a politician with your constant deflection or outright blind eye when arguments don't favor you. I like that you put so much credence in reviews from early releases, by the way. I'm sure those reflect accurately on the game now, right?

And since you brought up taking risks, that is one of the things that pisses off the original DotA players most. They could have given us a sequel. They could have taken risks. They could have done anything at all, but all they gave us was a fresh coat of paint. Slap in the face.
#119TheOneWhoPwnzPosted 7/18/2013 10:45:44 AM
Because DOTA 2 isn't for Mac.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#120Stalky24Posted 7/18/2013 10:58:08 AM
PoorCountry posted...
Turn speeds.