How's Morde lately?

#1C_T_T_EPosted 7/15/2013 6:48:07 PM
I haven't played in a while, just peek here and there. Logged on today to check things out a bit. Queued with a few buddies and ended up being Morde middle. Riven went top.

I built out of old habits:

Rush Hex Revolver within first back.
Boots since I had spare gold
Revolver into Book for team aura after second back.
Boots into sorc Boots as well

then this was the new part to me due to item changes:
Haunting Guise into Liandry Mask to compliment his ult and HP for little survivability.
Nashor for AA and backdooring and Q combo.
Hat for extra AP to boost Nashor passive and total skillset output.
Finished off with Lich Bane again for his Q and E since they both have low c/d.

Only trouble was I can easily be kited but I knew when to back off depending on who I'm against during the game. I was able to backdoor four times and took down four towers but died twice in the process. Really glass cannon now I look back at it but I either went in and took down their adc with my E R Q and W my adc then died or was able to kill an entire minion wave with a single E. Was able to split push the waves so much because of it that my team could roam and dragon twice as they had to care top as I try to distract them.
---
If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic. - House
#2Susan0Posted 7/15/2013 6:52:06 PM
RIP in peace 13 pot numero uno
---
Akali wa watashi no ninja no waifudesu~
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2e3brS2TV1r569y6o1_500.gif
#3JennaTahliaPosted 7/15/2013 6:58:03 PM
morde es #1 huehuehue
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#4Supercuaco666Posted 7/15/2013 7:14:16 PM
I don't like Nashor on him. In my opinion he needs Hourglass and Abyssal to compliment his shield and still deal good damage.
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#5Shadow EdgePosted 7/15/2013 7:30:22 PM
Nashor is a terrible terrible idea on Morde. CDR is really nice but you should get that elsewhere (Wraith, DFG).

You want resists from Abyssal and Zhonya.

Twin Shadows is a situational pick.

Liandry is a preferential pick. You can go for more DPS or for more nuking power.
---
ns
#6C_T_T_E(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 7:30:39 PM
Supercuaco666 posted...
I don't like Nashor on him. In my opinion he needs Hourglass and Abyssal to compliment his shield and still deal good damage.

Those two used to be core on Morde for me but during the game I figured the extra Atk Spd boost would help. The AP proc was nice too. But I'd imagine the 2 sec invincibility from hourglass is great with his low cd Q and E
---
If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic. - House
#7C_T_T_E(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 7:43:17 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
Nashor is a terrible terrible idea on Morde. CDR is really nice but you should get that elsewhere (Wraith, DFG).

You want resists from Abyssal and Zhonya.

Twin Shadows is a situational pick.

Liandry is a preferential pick. You can go for more DPS or for more nuking power.

Yeah I have to admit Nashor isn't beneficial for Morde in long run at all. spur of the moment purchase and auto attacking the towers got my attention. didn't help during team fights.

I looked more into twin shadows. didn't notice it much. the active is nice, really nice on him. You can even use it to follow the ghouls to track down the enemy. neat trick. kinda a sort of CC he lacks. the movement boost helps too.

Liandry passive was iffy late game. couldn't really tell how much it really did since E and Q took more than R out and by then the ticks were lower and lower
---
#8TaroBubbleTeaPosted 7/15/2013 7:46:42 PM
The only way to build morde is

Spectral/wota
Needless item #1
NLR #2
NLR #3

I hate seeing tanky morde builds and the stuff. Your only job is to farm up to 400+ AP, DFG/Ignite/Ult the carry.
---
GT: WholeLottaMing
LoL: Korean Steel (Used to be iBubbleTea)
#9C_T_T_E(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 7:50:24 PM
TaroBubbleTea posted...
The only way to build morde is

Spectral/wota
Needless item #1
NLR #2
NLR #3

I hate seeing tanky morde builds and the stuff. Your only job is to farm up to 400+ AP, DFG/Ignite/Ult the carry.

Pretty much that was what I did unknowingly. I was the sacrificial lamb that split push and died just to allow my team to have an advantage in fights that broke out. when it was a 5v5 I quickly dived into their carry to burn my kit and die with their carry. My W on my carry did proc my Liandrys as the enemies dive towards it which was hilarious to watch even after death.
---
#10C_T_T_E(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 8:00:17 AM
bump for morning crowd
---