So if I were to jungle an AP champion . . .

#1natchu96Posted 7/16/2013 1:53:09 AM
Should I be using the generic AD runepage (AD/Arpen/AS red + Armor yellow + [scaling] MR blue + AD Quints) or the generic AP runepage (Mpen red + Armor yellow + [scaling] MR blue + AP Quints)?

I mean, Mpen is pretty useless in the jungle, but so is AD for the champion itself . . . and I don't have enough runepages to have an AP jungle page yet :/
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#2zeppelin312Posted 7/16/2013 1:53:58 AM
depends on the specific ap jungler in question
#3natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 2:22:59 AM(edited)
zeppelin312 posted...
depends on the specific ap jungler in question

Well, if you describe some of the logic behind some example choices I might be able to guess around in the future.

Because it's not like I own any, but come free week scenarios and I'm bored of my AD junglers/they are banned I can do something about it.

(EDIT: first sentence is different now :/)
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#4FreshSushiPosted 7/16/2013 2:44:26 AM(edited)
You'll really only need 3 rune pages.

Generic tank (Naut, Rammus, Skarner, etc): AS marks, AR seals, MR glyphs, MS quints
Tank jungle high base AP damage (Amumu, Zac, etc): Mpen marks, AR seals, MR glyphs, MS quints
Tank jungle high base AD damage (J4, Vi, Lee): Arpen/AD marks, AR seals, MR glyphs, AD quints

No need for questions, just do it.

The Eve rune page: AD marks, AR seals, MR glyphs, AP quints
The Fid rune page: Mp marks, AR/AP seals, AP glyphs, AP quints

These are like the only 2 carry junglers in the game right now that see play at high level and are pretty much the only "AP" junglers who have their own pages. Eve just uses AD marks cause she can (faster clear, has a massive AS steroid, abilities scale with AD for some reason). Fid can go all AP cause W hue and most jungle Fids play him super squishy (tank fid actually works, he actually has a hilarious amount of CC).

There's also this special all AS rune page for warwick (who I guess is kinda "AP") which I saw this plat warwick main use when I played with him but honestly you're probably never gonna play warwick.

Rune-ing for the jungle isn't a thing anymore, it hasn't been a thing since S1 when the jungle actually could hurt you. Really runes don't matter much in S3, all of my plat jungle friends end up being that fat guy with ancient golem, bulwark, omen/locket/sunfire.
---
Miyazaki...Seriously Namco....why....wwaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii
2014: DS II, The Evil Within, Ultra SSF4
#5SlaynPosted 7/16/2013 2:43:09 AM
Why is magic pen useless in the jungle? Don't they have a small amount of mr?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#6zeppelin312Posted 7/16/2013 2:45:17 AM
elise? either works, a standardized jungle runepage is fine, mpen reds is fine too, doesn't much matter.

fiddle? get ap and mpen in runes

karthus? mpen and ap

diana? either, doesn't much matter. AS and MS for clears and ganking quicker, mpen and ap for more damage in ganks

eve? damage runes

fizz? AS most likely, you can roll mpen reds and AS quints, or do w/e. You can do the ap page if you want, but honestly bruiser fizz>ap fizz in the jungle

the donger? ap and mpen

malz? ap and mpen

morde? ap and mpen, alternatively SV in quints

rumble? either, I think mpen in reds and AS in quints is nice in this case

soraka? I think AS is more important just to make sure you can early clear at a semi decent rate

teemo? AS MS or AP in quints

zyra? ap and mpen

all mpen option hybrid pen is a good option if you have the ip, you lose 2 mpen for a lot of apen

I didn't know who you had in mind, so I just picked out the best ap junglers in terms of clearing and ganking. ANYBODY can clear jungle and gank, so obvy I had to narrow it down a bit

bsically, use more abilites? ap page

AA reliant in clears? more traditional jungler page

all take armor yellows obvy

blues of choice
#7natchu96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 2:57:50 AM(edited)
Um, that's . . . a lot of suggestions. Thanks . . . ? :3

Frankly, it's not like I have more than two pages right now to use for nearly everything until I can save up for a third. And those last two quints too . . . so both of them are currently as generic as they can possibly be without being entirely useless right now.

Unless I hit jackpot and they do another rune page sale, but that would be like winter season.

Slayn posted...
Why is magic pen useless in the jungle? Don't they have a small amount of mr?

They, uh, probably do. Maybe? But really, is your mana gonna last that long if you use nothing but skills on them :/ Not all AP junglers, "troll" pick or otherwise are supposed to do that. At least, that was the impression I was getting.
---
#8easymodexzPosted 7/16/2013 8:38:01 AM
IIRC most of the jungle had negative or 0 MR at level 1 or something. Don't know if that ever changed. I use hybrid Marks on Eve. AD would probably be good actually.