Shen vs Elise

#1xSighxPosted 7/17/2013 5:41:45 PM
How do you play this matchup?
I beat a (really bad) Elise in lane, and I feel like Shen is strong against her due to his ability to sustain her until she runs OOM, but theres a certain point where you've got your MR items but she has enough pen to 100-0 you, through your shields, through your taunt, and under your turret.
Maybe because my items were like, Merc Treads/Wit's End/Negatron to her Sorc Shoes/Guise and even though the Pen was there, I should have had Health too. I know health is supposed to be bad against elise, but resists are kind of useless without health to back it up.

So what would be a good way to build as shen, versus elise? is there a point when you need giant's belt more than you need MR? or do you just forfeit your ability to sustain against her, once she finishes her magic pen core?
---
Copy/paste this in your sig if you support Sona!
#2mrblobyPosted 7/17/2013 5:48:51 PM
why not just rush spirit of visage? it gives you cdr to spam more healing and shields. it gives you the mr and life to defend against her attacks. and more sustain in the form of healing. if you need additional mr just get a few null mantles that you can turn into merc treads and wits.
#3DeadpooL7Posted 7/17/2013 5:54:57 PM
Yea I cant see any reason not to rush SV against an AP as Shen.
---
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton